Testing new server

Steve Huston
I have an old machine I'm in the process of retiring, and want to test its
replacement.  To do so, I'd like to send a copy of all locally-delivered
mail from the old machine to the new one to have it processed there.  I've
set "default_transport = discard:Outgoing email disabled for testing" on
the new server, and tested single messages here and there, but am having
trouble figuring out a way to tell the old machine that its local_transport
should be both the normal local delivery and in addition to send a copy to
another server.

I did find always_bcc and the bcc maps, but I'm not sure if that's the
right answer.  A transport map seems like the right answer, but that
appears to only have a single target.

--
Steve Huston - W2SRH - Unix Sysadmin, PICSciE/CSES & Astrophysical Sci
   Princeton University  |    ICBM Address: 40.346344   -74.652242
   Princeton, NJ   08544 | the galaxies; headed for the heart of Cygnus,
     (267) 793-0852      | headlong into mystery."  -Rush, 'Cygnus X-1'

Re: Testing new server

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
On 15.05.18 16:54, Steve Huston wrote:

>I have an old machine I'm in the process of retiring, and want to test its
>replacement.  To do so, I'd like to send a copy of all locally-delivered
>mail from the old machine to the new one to have it processed there.  I've
>set "default_transport = discard:Outgoing email disabled for testing" on
>the new server, and tested single messages here and there, but am having
>trouble figuring out a way to tell the old machine that its local_transport
>should be both the normal local delivery and in addition to send a copy to
>another server.
>
>I did find always_bcc and the bcc maps, but I'm not sure if that's the
>right answer.  A transport map seems like the right answer, but that
>appears to only have a single target.

always_bcc and *_bcc_maps will not help you - they acceps single address, so
even if you configured that address to be sent to remote server, it's always
just one address.

unless you'd configure recipient_bcc_maps for each recipient - but it still
would be different address than processed locally.
There's a long-standing bug relating to the x86 architecture that
allows you to install Windows.   -- Matthew D. Fuller

Re: Testing new server

Steve Huston
On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 9:28 AM Matus UHLAR - fantomas <[hidden email]>
wrote:
> On 15.05.18 16:54, Steve Huston wrote:
> >To do so, I'd like to send a copy of all locally-delivered
> >mail from the old machine to the new one to have it processed there.
> always_bcc and *_bcc_maps will not help you - they acceps single address,
so
> even if you configured that address to be sent to remote server, it's
always
> just one address.

> unless you'd configure recipient_bcc_maps for each recipient - but it
still
> would be different address than processed locally.

That's what I was afraid of.  Alright, I'll test on a smaller scale and for
the load test... we'll do it live :D

Thanks!