Testing/verifying a DKIM setup

KLaM Postmaster
Does anybody know how I can test whether my DKIM setup, keys etc, is
correct.
Is there a public/open testbed.
TIA
JLA

Re: Testing/verifying a DKIM setup

Sahil Tandon
On Fri, 03 Jul 2009, KLaM Postmaster wrote:

> Does anybody know how I can test whether my DKIM setup, keys etc, is
> correct.

This is the *Postfix* mailing list.  Next time, please spend at least a
minute or two on Google.

http://testing.dkim.org/reflector.html.  The Port 25 check worked for me.

Sahil Tandon <[hidden email]>

Sahil Tandon wrote:

> On Fri, 03 Jul 2009, KLaM Postmaster wrote:
>

>> Does anybody know how I can test whether my DKIM setup, keys etc, is
>> correct.
>>

> This is the *Postfix* mailing list.  Next time, please spend at least a
> minute or two on Google.
>

>> Is there a public/open testbed.
>>

> http://testing.dkim.org/reflector.html.  The Port 25 check worked for me.

I did "DKIM testing verifying postfix" , got 38400 results, most of
which are how to implement DKIM, none of which were how to prove that
what was setup works.
I tried several other searches none of which turned up "reflector(s)" or
were particularly useful.
Thats why this list is so useful, somebody on it has been there, done
that, got the tee shirt.
But your comment does make me wonder if there is a need in the Postfix
FAQ for a list of sites that offer testing facilities, such as the Mail
Relay Testing <http://www.abuse.net/relay.html> site, or does it already
exist?

Re: Testing/verifying a DKIM setup

Wietse Venema
KLaM Postmaster:

> Sahil Tandon wrote:
> > On Fri, 03 Jul 2009, KLaM Postmaster wrote:
> >

> >> Does anybody know how I can test whether my DKIM setup, keys etc, is
> >> correct.
> >>

> > This is the *Postfix* mailing list.  Next time, please spend at least a
> > minute or two on Google.
> >

> >> Is there a public/open testbed.
> >>

> > http://testing.dkim.org/reflector.html.  The Port 25 check worked for me.
> >

> I did "DKIM testing verifying postfix" , got 38400 results, most of

Better, do the query without the "postfix" part. Even better, look
in the documentation for your DKIM implementation.

Re: Testing/verifying a DKIM setup

Sahil Tandon
On Fri, 03 Jul 2009, KLaM Postmaster wrote:

> I did "DKIM testing verifying postfix" , got 38400 results, most of
> which are how to implement DKIM, none of which were how to prove that
> what was setup works.
> I tried several other searches none of which turned up "reflector(s)" or
> were particularly useful.
> Thats why this list is so useful, somebody on it has been there, done
> that, got the tee shirt.
> But your comment does make me wonder if there is a need in the Postfix
> FAQ for a list of sites that offer testing facilities, such as the Mail
> Relay Testing <http://www.abuse.net/relay.html> site, or does it already
> exist?

Heh, try "test dkim" and see the first result. :)

Sahil Tandon <[hidden email]>

Re: Testing/verifying a DKIM setup

Zhang Huangbin

On Jul 3, 2009, at 12:08 PM, KLaM Postmaster wrote:

> Does anybody know how I can test whether my DKIM setup, keys etc, is
> correct.
> Is there a public/open testbed.
> TIA
> JLA

Send a mail to your gmail account, and find out the DKIM verifing
result in the mail header.

--
Best Regards.

Zhang Huangbin

- Open Source Mail Server Solution for Red Hat(R) Enterprise Linux,
   CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu:
   + http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/
   + http://www.iredmail.org/forum/