Time a message is queued until a warning email is sent

Time a message is queued until a warning email is sent

Russell Jones-5
Hello,

I know that maximal_queue_lifetime is the time a message is queued
before it is sent back as undeliverable, however what is the
configuration option for how long a message is attempted to be
delivered, before a warning message is sent to the original sender
saying "Hey, this message has been queued for X hours and I haven't been
able to deliver it."?

Re: Time a message is queued until a warning email is sent

Barney Desmond

Sounds like you want the delay warning time:
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#delay_warning_time

On 11/21/2009 9:22 PM, Russell Jones wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I know that maximal_queue_lifetime is the time a message is queued
> before it is sent back as undeliverable, however what is the
> configuration option for how long a message is attempted to be
> delivered, before a warning message is sent to the original sender
> saying "Hey, this message has been queued for X hours and I haven't been
> able to deliver it."?

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#delay_warning_time

Re: Time a message is queued until a warning email is sent

Victor Duchovni