Timeout while connecting to postfix via php socket

Timeout while connecting to postfix via php socket

info

Good morning all.

I’m facing with a strange problem with PHP sockets and POSTFIX:

1)      I have a Postfix machine that runs very well for sending/receiving emails to/from outside (via Outlook)

2)      I’m working on a CRM software that connect to this Postfix via PHP socket_connect function. Well, now:

a.       all socket connection to this Postfix from a machine outside my cloud network, are ok (I can connect and interact with smtp)

b.      when try to connect to Postfix with the same script used in 1) but installed on a machine on the ”same cloud network”… I obtain a Tiimeout error from PHP socket_connect.

3)      When “telnet-ting” this Postfix on port 25, is all OK from outside and from inside cloud network, that is: I can connect via telnet to smtp also from the machine in (b)

Any idea why ? Here below my MAIN.CF file

Thanks a lot

-Francesco

------ CUT HERE: MAIN.CF ------------------------

queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix

command_directory = /usr/sbin

daemon_directory = /usr/libexec/postfix

data_directory = /var/lib/postfix

mail_owner = postfix

myhostname = XXXXX

mydomain = XXXXX

myorigin = $mydomain

inet_interfaces = PPP.PPP.PPP.PPP, localhost

inet_protocols = ipv4

mydestination = $myhostname, localhost

unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550

mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8, PPP.PPP.PPP.PPP/28

strict_rfc821_envelopes = yes

disable_vrfy_command = yes

default_transport=smtp

smtpd_helo_required = yes

smtpd_client_restrictions =

smtpd_helo_restrictions =

smtpd_sender_restrictions =

smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions =

smtp_sender_dependent_authentication = yes

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =

    permit_mynetworks,

    permit_sasl_authenticated,

    reject_unauth_destination,

    reject_invalid_hostname,

    reject_unauth_pipelining,

    reject_non_fqdn_sender,

    reject_unknown_sender_domain,

    reject_non_fqdn_recipient,

    reject_unknown_recipient_domain,

    permit

smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes

smtpd_sasl_local_domain = $myhostname

broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes

smtpd_sasl_type = dovecot

smtpd_sasl_path = /var/spool/postfix/private/auth

smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = no

virtual_mailbox_domains = VDOMAIN1.COM VDOMAIN2.COM VDOMAIN3.COM

virtual_mailbox_base = /var/spool/vhosts

virtual_mailbox_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual

virtual_uid_maps = static:1000

virtual_gid_maps = static:1000

virtual_alias_domains = regexp:/etc/postfix/virtual-domains.regexp

virtual_alias_maps = regexp:/etc/postfix/virtual-alias.regexp

alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases

home_mailbox = /

debug_peer_level = 2

debugger_command =

         PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin

         ddd $daemon_directory/$process_name $process_id & sleep 5

sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail

newaliases_path = /usr/bin/newaliases

mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq

setgid_group = postdrop

html_directory = no

manpage_directory = /usr/local/man

sample_directory = /etc/postfix

readme_directory = no

shlib_directory = no

compatibility_level = 2

meta_directory = /etc/postfix

smtputf8_enable=no

multi_instance_wrapper = ${command_directory}/postmulti -p --

multi_instance_enable = yes

multi_instance_directories = /etc/postfix-XXX /etc/postfix-YYY /etc/postfix-ZZZ

------ CUT HERE: MAIN.CF ------------------------

Mail priva di virus. www.avast.com

Re: Timeout while connecting to postfix via php socket

Wietse Venema
[hidden email]:

> Good morning all.
>
> I'm facing with a strange problem with PHP sockets and POSTFIX:
>
> 1)      I have a Postfix machine that runs very well for sending/receiving
> emails to/from outside (via Outlook)
>
> 2)      I'm working on a CRM software that connect to this Postfix via PHP
> socket_connect function. Well, now:
>
> a.       all socket connection to this Postfix from a machine outside my
> cloud network, are ok (I can connect and interact with smtp)
>
> b.      when try to connect to Postfix with the same script used in 1) but
> installed on a machine on the "same cloud network". I obtain a Tiimeout
> error from PHP socket_connect.
>
> 3)      When "telnet-ting" this Postfix on port 25, is all OK from outside
> and from inside cloud network, that is: I can connect via telnet to smtp
> also from the machine in (b)
>
> Any idea why ? Here below my MAIN.CF file

Look in your logs.
http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#logging

Look with a network sniffer.
http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#sniffer

If there is nothing, then nothing is connecting to Postfix and the
timeout problem is elsewhere. If there is something, then Postfix
will log where the connection fails.

        Wietse