To/CC to a Alias and a user in the alias. Way to filter out the extra mail?

To/CC to a Alias and a user in the alias. Way to filter out the extra mail?

Radio Tron
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to filter-out the extra mail generated when someone sends to a Alias AND to user@ who is also part of the alias?

Re: To/CC to a Alias and a user in the alias. Way to filter out the extra mail?

Radio Tron
If I have /etc/postfix/aliases like so:
friends: barf, zork, oink

and if someone sends a mail both to: [hidden email] AND [hidden email],
would it be possible for Postfix to filter out that extra copy of the mail that oink will receive (preferably oink gets the alias mail and the direct-mail to oink, gets nuked)?

Re: To/CC to a Alias and a user in the alias. Way to filter out the extra mail?

Victor Duchovni
On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 06:59:37AM -0700, Radio Tron wrote:

> If I have /etc/postfix/aliases like so:
> friends: barf, zork, oink
>
> and if someone sends a mail both to: [hidden email] AND [hidden email],
> would it be possible for Postfix to filter out that extra copy of the
> mail that oink will receive (preferably oink gets the alias mail and
> the direct-mail to oink, gets nuked)?

Only if you move alias from alias_maps to virtual_alias_maps:

        [hidden email] bark zork [hidden email]

and you set:

        enable_original_recipient = no

and you are running Postfix 2.1, 2.2, 2.5 or a recent patch-level
of 2.3 or 2.4.

If using a content filter, per FILTER_README, disable rewriting before
or after (exactly one) the filter.