Transport to 3rd party server when email address (relay_recipient_maps) does not exist?

Transport to 3rd party server when email address (relay_recipient_maps) does not exist?

Michael Trip

Hi guys,

I am having the following configuration:

My postfix server does a check in de mysql database:  relay_recipient_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/relay_recipients.cf

This works ok. So when user [hidden email] not exists, it is rejected. But I want that al the mail that is addressed to domain.tld it will go through the transport file to one of my pop3 servers (on a separate server).

I have tried it with the transport and the relay_recipients

With the relay_recipient_maps I tried to make a wildcard @domain.tld , and in the transport file the entry: @domain.tld smtp:[xx.xx.xx.xx]. But this doesn’t work. The mail is still pushed to the server that has domain.tld smtp:[xx.xx.xx.xx]

With Kind regards,

Michael Trip

Re: Transport to 3rd party server when email address (relay_recipient_maps) does not exist?

mouss-2
Michael Trip wrote:

> Hi guys,
>

> I am having the following configuration:
>

> My postfix server does a check in de mysql database:
> relay_recipient_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/relay_recipients.cf
>

> This works ok. So when user [hidden email] not exists, it is rejected. But
> I want that al the mail that is addressed to domain.tld it will go
> through the transport file to one of my pop3 servers (on a separate
> server).
>

> I have tried it with the transport and the relay_recipients
>

> With the relay_recipient_maps I tried to make a wildcard @domain.tld ,
> and in the transport file the entry: @domain.tld smtp:[xx.xx.xx.xx]. But
> this doesn't work. The mail is still pushed to the server that has
> domain.tld smtp:[xx.xx.xx.xx]

to implenet a "fallback" address, use virtual_alias_maps:
@example.com         [hidden email]

but you must make sure that valid users are not caught here, so you need
an identity mapping:
[hidden email]      [hidden email]

An example of this is described in the howto at workaround.org.