Treat only one address of a domain as local

Treat only one address of a domain as local

Jonas Meurer
Hello,

I want a postfix mailserver to be responsible for one particular email
address from a domain. Is this possible? The idea is the following:

* mx.example.org is the official MX for example.org and has a transport
map that forwards mail for '[hidden email]' to another mailserver
submx.example.org.

* submx.example.org uses mx.example.org as relay server. every non-local
mail shall be forwarded to the relay for further delivery. only
'[hidden email]' is treated as local mail (i.e. delivered locally). All
other addresses for 'example.org' shall be treated as foreign addresses
(and forwarded to the relay).

Do you have an idea how to configure submx.example.org in a way to treat
'example.org' as a non-local domain except for the one particular
address '[hidden email]'?

Kind regards
jonas

Re: Treat only one address of a domain as local

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
On 11.12.18 00:28, Jonas Meurer wrote:

>I want a postfix mailserver to be responsible for one particular email
>address from a domain. Is this possible? The idea is the following:
>
>* mx.example.org is the official MX for example.org and has a transport
>map that forwards mail for '[hidden email]' to another mailserver
>submx.example.org.
>
>* submx.example.org uses mx.example.org as relay server. every non-local
>mail shall be forwarded to the relay for further delivery. only
>'[hidden email]' is treated as local mail (i.e. delivered locally). All
>other addresses for 'example.org' shall be treated as foreign addresses
>(and forwarded to the relay).
>
>Do you have an idea how to configure submx.example.org in a way to treat
>'example.org' as a non-local domain except for the one particular
>address '[hidden email]'?

I believe aliasing [hidden email] in virtual_alias_maps to another user
will do what you want for all mail passing your server