Turn off command pipelining for a domain

Turn off command pipelining for a domain

Lefteris Tsintjelis
Is there a possible way to turn off command pipelining completely for a
whole domain based on DNS? The pipelining-firewalling of yahoo.com seems
to be broken quite often.

Something like:

yahoo.com pipelining

Re: Turn off command pipelining for a domain

Benny Pedersen-2
Lefteris Tsintjelis skrev den 2019-01-06 03:24:
> Is there a possible way to turn off command pipelining completely for
> a whole domain based on DNS? The pipelining-firewalling of yahoo.com
> seems to be broken quite often.
>
> Something like:
>
> yahoo.com pipelining

no logs, no problem

:)

Re: Turn off command pipelining for a domain

John Fawcett
On 06/01/2019 03:24, Lefteris Tsintjelis wrote:
> Is there a possible way to turn off command pipelining completely for
> a whole domain based on DNS? The pipelining-firewalling of yahoo.com
> seems to be broken quite often.
>
> Something like:
>
> yahoo.com    pipelining

I think you're looking for

smtp_discard_ehlo_keyword_address_maps if you want to ignore pipelining
offered by remote servers.

smtpd_discard_ehlo_keyword_address_maps and
postscreen_discard_ehlo_keyword_address_maps to not advertise pipelining
for incoming email.

Only thing is that you'll have to specify ip addresses not domain names,
since dns lookups are not available for these maps.

John

On 6/1/2019 4:48 π.μ., John Fawcett wrote:
> Only thing is that you'll have to specify ip addresses not domain names,
> since dns lookups are not available for these maps.

The remote servers of yahoo is mostly the problem. I rarely see this
issue with any other servers but it usually applies to the whole domain
whenever I see it, possibly because of their broken SMTP firewalls.

Re: Turn off command pipelining for a domain

Viktor Dukhovni
> On Jan 5, 2019, at 10:03 PM, Lefteris Tsintjelis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The remote servers of yahoo is mostly the problem. I rarely see this issue with any other servers but it usually applies to the whole domain whenever I see it, possibly because of their broken SMTP firewalls.

For destination-domain-level EHLO feature filtering, you'll
a separate transport in which the relevant EHLO keywords are
globally disabled.

   http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtp_discard_ehlo_keywords
   http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#transport_maps
   http://www.postfix.org/master.5.html