Unable to connect Apple mail client but not thunderbird

Unable to connect Apple mail client but not thunderbird

Dshah
I have a couple of issues with my mail server setup with postfix/dovecot/mysql/haproxy.

1. I am able to connect ports 143/587 with Apple mail client but not thunderbird.

2. am unable to connect my mail server using port 465/993, I am behind haproxy, I am not able to post here so below are pastebin links:

my configs ( postfix, dovecot)
https://pastebin.com/M3XG9DXA

log -v
https://pastebin.com/7xRHax4q

Thanks for any help.

Re: Unable to connect Apple mail client but not thunderbird

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
On 23.06.20 12:17, Dshah wrote:
>I have a couple of issues with my mail server setup with
>postfix/dovecot/mysql/haproxy.

this is postfix mailing list, so my answer will be limited to postfix, which
means ports 465 and 587

>*1.* I am able to connect ports 143/587 with Apple mail client but not
>thunderbird.

>*2.* am unable to connect my mail server using port 465/993, I am behind
>haproxy, I am not able to post here so below are pastebin links:

>my configs ( postfix, dovecot)
>https://pastebin.com/M3XG9DXA
>
>log -v
>https://pastebin.com/7xRHax4q

$ postfix/smtps/smtpd[739]: generic_checks: name=permit_sasl_authenticated
$ postfix/smtps/smtpd[739]: generic_checks: name=permit_sasl_authenticated status=0
$ postfix/smtps/smtpd[739]: generic_checks: name=reject

your client did not authenticate, so it was refused.
this is postfix/smtps, thus port 465, where authentication is required.

configure thunderbird to authenticate.