Unable to send email

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Unable to send email

Enrico Morelli
Dear all,

today I've a lot of email in postfix queue for the following reason:

5F2E68092A2   335691 Mon Nov 16 10:00:40  [hidden email]
(Host or domain name not found. Name service error for
name=recipient-it.mail.protection.outlook.com type=A: Host not found,
try again) [hidden email]


The domain mail.protection.outlook.com is added to each address.
I haven't made any changes to the postfix configuration.

Where is the problem? How can I solve it?

Thanks
--
-----------------------------------------------------------
  Enrico Morelli
  System Administrator | Programmer | Web Developer

  CERM - Polo Scientifico
  via Sacconi, 6 - 50019 Sesto Fiorentino (FI) - ITALY
------------------------------------------------------------
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to send email

Bastian Blank-3
On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 10:34:08AM +0100, Enrico Morelli wrote:
> 5F2E68092A2   335691 Mon Nov 16 10:00:40  [hidden email]
> (Host or domain name not found. Name service error for
> name=recipient-it.mail.protection.outlook.com type=A: Host not found,
> try again) [hidden email]

| % drill recipient.it  mx
| ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, rcode: NXDOMAIN, id: 39998

Sorry, but recipient.it is not an existing domain.  Use
example.{com,net,org}!

> The domain mail.protection.outlook.com is added to each address.
> I haven't made any changes to the postfix configuration.

Your recipient is hosted on Microsoft 365 and missconfigured.

> Where is the problem? How can I solve it?

There is no problem, just wrong configuration at your recipient.

Bastian

--
Actual war is a very messy business.  Very, very messy business.
                -- Kirk, "A Taste of Armageddon", stardate 3193.0
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Unable to send email

Enrico Morelli
On Mon, 16 Nov 2020 10:45:23 +0100
Bastian Blank <bastian+postfix-users=[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 10:34:08AM +0100, Enrico Morelli wrote:
> > 5F2E68092A2   335691 Mon Nov 16 10:00:40  [hidden email]
> > (Host or domain name not found. Name service error for
> > name=recipient-it.mail.protection.outlook.com type=A: Host not
> > found, try again) [hidden email]  
>
> | % drill recipient.it  mx
> | ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, rcode: NXDOMAIN, id: 39998
>
> Sorry, but recipient.it is not an existing domain.  Use
> example.{com,net,org}!
>
> > The domain mail.protection.outlook.com is added to each address.
> > I haven't made any changes to the postfix configuration.  
>
> Your recipient is hosted on Microsoft 365 and missconfigured.
>
> > Where is the problem? How can I solve it?  
>
> There is no problem, just wrong configuration at your recipient.
>
> Bastian
>

Thanks, after some investigation it seems to be a dns problem.

--
-----------------------------------------------------------
  Enrico Morelli
  System Administrator | Programmer | Web Developer

  CERM - Polo Scientifico
  via Sacconi, 6 - 50019 Sesto Fiorentino (FI) - ITALY
------------------------------------------------------------