Unknown Users

jonnytabpni
Unknown Users

Hi Folks,

Does anyone know how to make a backup MX server query the primary mx server if a mailbox exsists, before accept the contents of the mail?

I have a problem with MAILER-DAEMON messages...

Thanks

Re: Unknown Users

Eero Volotinen-2
2010/2/11 Jonathan Tripathy <[hidden email]>:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Does anyone know how to make a backup MX server query the primary mx server
> if a mailbox exsists, before accept the contents of the mail?
>
> I have a problem with MAILER-DAEMON messages...

for example using address verification:
http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_VERIFICATION_README.html
 .. or keeping list of valid users on that machine..

Eero

Re: Unknown Users

Terry Carmen
Quoting Jonathan Tripathy <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Does anyone know how to make a backup MX server query the primary mx
> server if a mailbox exsists, before accept the contents of the mail?
>
> I have a problem with MAILER-DAEMON messages...
>
> Thanks

That might not be the right problem to fix. If the primary mx is down,
the backup mx might not have anything to query.

You might want to have the primary mx export a list of valid users
periodically as a text file, then have the backup server pick it up
with rsync, then postfix can use it to validate recipients.

Terry

Re: Unknown Users

Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa
Greetings,

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 10:11 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Quoting Jonathan Tripathy <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> Does anyone know how to make a backup MX server query the primary mx
>> server if a mailbox exsists, before accept the contents of the mail?
>>
>> I have a problem with MAILER-DAEMON messages...
>>
>> Thanks
>
> That might not be the right problem to fix. If the primary mx is down, the
> backup mx might not have anything to query.
>
> You might want to have the primary mx export a list of valid users
> periodically as a text file, then have the backup server pick it up with
> rsync, then postfix can use it to validate recipients.

Or, maybe: integrate both MXs to *one* user database, like LDAP, or
*SQL, and have replication, then make the destination verification use
that database, if the primary MX is death, the secondary will still
have a valid, and up-to-date DB to verify its destinations.

I hope this helps,

Ildefonso Camargo