Upgrading Postfix

Jeff Bernier
Hello,

I have Postfix 2.1.5 running on Mac Server 10.4.11. I would like to upgrade Postfix. Which version would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for advise.

Jeff

Re: Upgrading Postfix

Eero Volotinen-2
2010/2/15 Jeff Bernier <[hidden email]>:
> Hello,
>
> I have Postfix 2.1.5 running on Mac Server 10.4.11. I would like to upgrade
> Postfix. Which version would you recommend?
>
> Thanks in advance for advise.

How about latest stable version (2.7) ?

Eero

Re: Upgrading Postfix

Ralf Hildebrandt
* Eero Volotinen <[hidden email]>:

> > I have Postfix 2.1.5 running on Mac Server 10.4.11. I would like to upgrade
> > Postfix. Which version would you recommend?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for advise.
>
> How about latest stable version (2.7) ?

Since Apple made a significant number of changes: Stick with the Apple
version.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
  CharitĂ© - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
  [hidden email] | http://www.charite.de

Re: Upgrading Postfix

Jim Wright
On Feb 15, 2010, at 12:42 PM, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

> * Eero Volotinen <[hidden email]>:
>
>>> I have Postfix 2.1.5 running on Mac Server 10.4.11. I would like
>>> to upgrade Postfix. Which version would you recommend?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance for advise.
>>
>> How about latest stable version (2.7) ?
>
> Since Apple made a significant number of changes: Stick with the
> Apple version.

Or at least be aware that the GUI in Server Admin shouldn't be used
for administration of Postfix after the upgrade, and that you'll be
needing to do a bit at the command line level to make the change.

Unless there is some particular issue you're trying to overcome,
sticking with what you have may be the best recommendation, until
you're ready to upgrade your entire server.