Warning mail to sender when seding to hotmail

Warning mail to sender when seding to hotmail

Ignacio Garcia
Hi there

We have our servers IPs at OVH IP address-space and from time to time,
when we send emails to a small, particular set of very-well-known
domains owned by one very large corporation, there are periods where our
customer's emails go, by default, to the SPAM folder no-matter-what.
Under those periods I'm thinking of activating the sending of a
complimentary warning to the sender to let the recipient know they
should check the SPAM folder and brief guidelines to add them to the
list of safe senders.

What should be the best approach to accomplish this?

TIA

Ignacio

Re: Warning mail to sender when seding to hotmail

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
On 11.09.19 13:28, Ignacio García wrote:
>We have our servers IPs at OVH IP address-space and from time to time,
>when we send emails to a small, particular set of very-well-known
>domains owned by one very large corporation, there are periods where
>our customer's emails go, by default, to the SPAM folder
>no-matter-what.

the best solution for this is to configure sender protection via spf/dkim
records, and when possible, using IP addresses not listed in any blacklists.

Enter any 12-digit prime number to continue.

El 11/09/2019 a las 14:55, Matus UHLAR - fantomas escribió:

> On 11.09.19 13:28, Ignacio García wrote:
>> We have our servers IPs at OVH IP address-space and from time to
>> time, when we send emails to a small, particular set of
>> very-well-known domains owned by one very large corporation, there
>> are periods where our customer's emails go, by default, to the SPAM
>> folder no-matter-what.
>
> the best solution for this is to configure sender protection via spf/dkim
> records, and when possible, using IP addresses not listed in any
> blacklists.

Of course, our systems use spf, dkim, dmarc, srs, dns and rdns in order
and not in any known blacklist. we enforce sending limits to all our
users and we do not host mailing lists or bulletins. However, from time
to time all messages sent from some domains we host (not all domains) in
the same IP go filtered to SPAM.

In any case, and although I know this may be out of the scope for this
list, could anybody be so kind and check tere's trouble anywhere with
this domain?

gestoriagp.com
94.23.19.133

Thanks very much in advance

Re: Warning mail to sender when seding to hotmail

Dominic Raferd

The ip address is listed at dnsbl.spfbl.net with code 127.0.0.4

El 12/09/2019 a las 10:06, Dominic Raferd escribió:

> On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 at 10:40, Ignacio García <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> the best solution for this is to configure sender protection via spf/dkim
>>> records, and when possible, using IP addresses not listed in any
>>> blacklists.
>>>
>> Of course, our systems use spf, dkim, dmarc, srs, dns and rdns in order
>> and not in any known blacklist. we enforce sending limits to all our
>> users and we do not host mailing lists or bulletins. However, from time
>> to time all messages sent from some domains we host (not all domains) in
>> the same IP go filtered to SPAM.
>>
>> In any case, and although I know this may be out of the scope for this
>> list, could anybody be so kind and check tere's trouble anywhere with
>> this domain?
>>
>> gestoriagp.com
>> 94.23.19.133
>>
>> Thanks very much in advance
> The ip address is listed at dnsbl.spfbl.net with code 127.0.0.4

Didn't know about that one. It assumes we do not have an MTA on that IP.
I've already requested unblocking.

Thanks

Ignacio