What do I need to make pcre files

Payne-6
I am having an issue with postmap making pcre files from I seen on the
internet. You don't need postmap to make the db file. Is that correct.
How to I get postfix to use and read the file? Is there a test I can do.

Thanks,

Payne

Re: What do I need to make pcre files

Magnus Bäck
On Thursday, October 16, 2008 at 22:46 CEST,
     Payne <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am having an issue with postmap making pcre files from I seen on the
> internet. You don't need postmap to make the db file. Is that correct.

Yes.

> How to I get postfix to use and read the file? Is there a test I can do.

You specify the file in a Postfix parameter, for example like this:

   virtual_alias_maps = pcre:/path/to/file

To test the lookups, use postmap(1) and the -q option:

   postmap -q teststring pcre:/path/to/file

Magnus Bäck

Payne wrote:
> I am having an issue with postmap making pcre files from I seen on the
> internet. You don't need postmap to make the db file. Is that correct.
> How to I get postfix to use and read the file? Is there a test I can do.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Payne

To see if your postfix supports pcre tables:
# postconf -m
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.1.html

Using pcre tables:
http://www.postfix.org/pcre_table.5.html
In particular, note that you do not need to index pcre tables
with postmap.

testing pcre tables:
http://www.postfix.org/postmap.1.html
look for the -q option.