What does "auxpropfunc error no mechanism available" mean

What does "auxpropfunc error no mechanism available" mean

Rob Tanner
Hi,

I have 2 edge servers in my mail setup.  Both are running Postfix 2.2.
Both are configured to use a content filter that feeds back into Postfix
which then forwards the mail to the delivery host (Exchange -- yuck).
Both servers also make heavy use of LDAP and SASLAUTHD (LDAP again) for
authentication.   One of the two servers is repeatedly logging the
following every couple of minutes:

Aug  7 08:40:35 neskowin postfix/smtpd[29650]: auxpropfunc error no
mechanism available
Aug  7 08:40:47 neskowin postfix/smtpd[29660]: sql_select option missing

What is this and is it something that I need to worry about?

Thanks,

Rob Tanner
Linfield College

Re: What does "auxpropfunc error no mechanism available" mean

Brian Evans - Postfix List
Rob Tanner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have 2 edge servers in my mail setup.  Both are running Postfix
> 2.2.  Both are configured to use a content filter that feeds back into
> Postfix which then forwards the mail to the delivery host (Exchange --
> yuck).  Both servers also make heavy use of LDAP and SASLAUTHD (LDAP
> again) for authentication.   One of the two servers is repeatedly
> logging the following every couple of minutes:
>
> Aug  7 08:40:35 neskowin postfix/smtpd[29650]: auxpropfunc error no
> mechanism available
> Aug  7 08:40:47 neskowin postfix/smtpd[29660]: sql_select option missing
>

> What is this and is it something that I need to worry about?

This is a Cyrus SASL issue.  Basically, it's trying to init a plugin
with no config.

For more info, use Google or ask on the cyrus sasl list.

Brian

Re: What does "auxpropfunc error no mechanism available" mean

Rob Tanner
Brian,

Thanks.  The machine having the problem had a larger selection of library's in /usr/lib/sasl2.  I eliminated the extra libs (figuring that one of them is the problem) and the log entries went away.  Since that didn't break AUTH_SMTP, I consider the problem solved.  Again, thanks for pointing me to where I needed to go.

-- Rob