Why my host tekes relay mail??

Marek Kozlowski-2
:-)

mydomain = mini.pw.edu.pl
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost, $mydomain,
mail.$mydomain, www.$mydomain, ftp.$mydomain
relay_domains = $mydestination

I'm wondering why after telnet connection to port 25 the host accepts
any `RCPT TO:' addresses ending with `mini.pw.edu.pl' (for example:
`[hidden email]') and then tries to forward it. I thought
that only those explicitly listed above would be accepted. Which
parameter may be missing / responsible for it? How can I debug or change it?

Thanks a lot!
Best regards
Marek

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Why my host tekes relay mail??

Noel Jones-2
On 5/18/2017 1:32 PM, Marek Kozlowski wrote:

> :-)
>
> mydomain = mini.pw.edu.pl
> mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost, $mydomain,
> mail.$mydomain, www.$mydomain, ftp.$mydomain
> relay_domains = $mydestination
>
> I'm wondering why after telnet connection to port 25 the host accepts
> any `RCPT TO:' addresses ending with `mini.pw.edu.pl' (for example:
> `[hidden email]') and then tries to forward it. I thought
> that only those explicitly listed above would be accepted. Which
> parameter may be missing / responsible for it? How can I debug or change it?

Please see the documentation for relay_domains and address classes.
You probably should set relay_domains explicitly empty.

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#relay_domains
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#parent_domain_matches_subdomains

On 05/18/2017 08:53 PM, Noel Jones wrote:

> On 5/18/2017 1:32 PM, Marek Kozlowski wrote:
>> :-)
>>
>> mydomain = mini.pw.edu.pl
>> mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost, $mydomain,
>> mail.$mydomain, www.$mydomain, ftp.$mydomain
>> relay_domains = $mydestination
>>
>> I'm wondering why after telnet connection to port 25 the host accepts
>> any `RCPT TO:' addresses ending with `mini.pw.edu.pl' (for example:
>> `[hidden email]') and then tries to forward it. I thought
>> that only those explicitly listed above would be accepted. Which
>> parameter may be missing / responsible for it? How can I debug or change it?
>>

> Please see the documentation for relay_domains and address classes.
> You probably should set relay_domains explicitly empty.
But I don't want it empty! I want it explictly the same as
mydestination. Why does it accept *any* subdomain of my domain?

Best regards,
Mare

On 5/18/2017 1:57 PM, Marek Kozlowski wrote:

> On 05/18/2017 08:53 PM, Noel Jones wrote:
>> On 5/18/2017 1:32 PM, Marek Kozlowski wrote:
>>> :-)
>>>
>>> mydomain = mini.pw.edu.pl
>>> mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost, $mydomain,
>>> mail.$mydomain, www.$mydomain, ftp.$mydomain
>>> relay_domains = $mydestination
>>>
>>> I'm wondering why after telnet connection to port 25 the host accepts
>>> any `RCPT TO:' addresses ending with `mini.pw.edu.pl' (for example:
>>> `[hidden email]') and then tries to forward it. I thought
>>> that only those explicitly listed above would be accepted. Which
>>> parameter may be missing / responsible for it? How can I debug or change it?
>>>

>> Please see the documentation for relay_domains and address classes.
>> You probably should set relay_domains explicitly empty.
>
> But I don't want it empty! I want it explictly the same as
> mydestination. Why does it accept *any* subdomain of my domain?
>
> Best regards,
> Mare

That's probably a mistake.  Use mydestination for locally delivered
mail, use relay_domains for your domains you accept mail for that
are relayed to another mailstore.  That should be two different
lists of domains.

At any rate, please see the documentation I suggested which explains
this in more detail, including the handling of subdomains.

Re: Why my host tekes relay mail??

Benny Pedersen-2
Marek Kozlowski skrev den 2017-05-18 20:57:
> On 05/18/2017 08:53 PM, Noel Jones wrote:
>> On 5/18/2017 1:32 PM, Marek Kozlowski wrote:
>>> :-)
>>>
>>> mydomain = mini.pw.edu.pl

is your dommain or subdomain ?, this should be your responselble dommain
not subdomain

>>> mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost,
>>> $mydomain,
>>> mail.$mydomain, www.$mydomain, ftp.$mydomain

this is all delivered to unix users with forward if wanted, so
destination here have no @

>>> relay_domains = $mydestination

this is remote delivered to other mta, not delivered to unix users

what do you want postfix to do with that now ?

>>> I'm wondering why after telnet connection to port 25 the host accepts
>>> any `RCPT TO:' addresses ending with `mini.pw.edu.pl' (for example:
>>> `[hidden email]') and then tries to forward it. I
>>> thought
>>> that only those explicitly listed above would be accepted. Which
>>> parameter may be missing / responsible for it? How can I debug or
>>> change it?
>>>

>> Please see the documentation for relay_domains and address classes.
>> You probably should set relay_domains explicitly empty.
>
> But I don't want it empty! I want it explictly the same as
> mydestination. Why does it accept *any* subdomain of my domain?

time to see logs ?

did you read Noel help ?

> Best regards,
> Mare

Re: Why my host tekes relay mail??

> On May 18, 2017, at 2:32 PM, Marek Kozlowski <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm wondering why after telnet connection to port 25 the host accepts
> any `RCPT TO:' addresses ending with `mini.pw.edu.pl' (for example:
> `[hidden email]') and then tries to forward it. I thought
> that only those explicitly listed above would be accepted. Which
> parameter may be missing / responsible for it? How can I debug or change it?

   http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#parent_domain_matches_subdomains

Recommended:

        parent_domain_matches_subdomains = smtpd_access_maps

OR, better yet, if you access(5) tables don't depend on implicit
sub-domain matching:

        parent_domain_matches_subdomains =