Yahoo blocking emails from Postfix

ahsan2011
I have an issue with email sending speeds on postfix. the email to yahoo are
getting throttled and getting suspended temporarily. I edited the main.cf
configuration to slower down the speeds and add a delay. This works fine
with email sending at delay but i have a problem here. the mails which are
there in deferred or retry queue, when they are sent, they are sent a very
high speed and throttles the connection. is there a way to control deferred
queue speed on postfix.

Error

relay=none, delay=419785, delays=419759/25/0/0.2, dsn=4.4.2, status=deferred
(delivery temporarily suspended: lost connection with
mta5.am0.yahoodns.net[67.195.229.58] while sending RCPT TO)

smtp_destination_concurrency_limit = 3
smtp_destination_recipient_limit = 5
data_directory=/var/lib/postfix
multi_instance_name = postfix
multi_instance_enable = yes
yahoo_destination_rate_delay = 300s
aol_destination_rate_delay = 250s
smtp_extra_recipient_limit = 10
yahoo_destination_concurrency_limit = 2
aol_destination_concurrency_limit = 2

Transport file

yahoo.com  yahoo:
aol.com   aol:

master.cf
yahoo     unix  -       -       n       -       -       smtp
aol     unix  -       -       n       -       -       smtp

How do i control speeds for deferred queue.

Basically i have the problems for all yahoo hosted mx records. Any help
would be appeciated.

Re: Yahoo blocking emails from Postfix

@lbutlr
On 24 Mar 2018, at 14:32, ahsan2011 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Basically i have the problems for all yahoo hosted mx records

Doesn’t everyone?

--
The new Death raised his cowl. There was no face there. There was not
even a skull. Smoke curled formlessly between the robe and a golden
crown. Bill Door raised himself on his elbows. A CROWN? His voice
shook with rage. I NEVER WORE A CROWN!  You never wanted to rule.

Re: Yahoo blocking emails from Postfix

/dev/rob0
On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 03:37:39PM -0600, @lbutlr wrote:
> On 24 Mar 2018, at 14:32, ahsan2011 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Basically i have the problems for all yahoo hosted mx records
>
> Doesn't everyone?

Not that I have noticed, not for many years.

I suppose IP reputation has a lot to do with it, and also that any
site sending marketing mail should sign up for feedback loops with
large receivers such as Yahoo.

There are more unknown variables here that inhibit useful comment.
One thing I'd like to point out, however, is that the emails aren't
"from Postfix", and that the blocking has little or nothing to do
with the choice of MTA.  Yes, some of the workarounds for poor or
nonexistent IP reputation include various transport(5) hacks, but
ultimately to address the problem, the answer lies outside of
Postfix.

I'd recommend:
  - strict list hygiene
  - sign up at dnswl.org
  - if money depends on deliveries, spend some on a good ESP
  http://rob0.nodns4.us/

Re: Yahoo blocking emails from Postfix

ahsan2011
Thanks

Yeah, i know it does not depend on the MTA. I use multiple IPs with SPF,
DKIM and DMARC.

Regularly update the lists,

used transport to limit yahoo sending but no success. The problem i see that
even though set a delay to send to yahoo, the emails which are there in
deferred queue tend to flush really quick and the IP gets grey listed again.
Anything you suggest to control the sending speed and the retry interval at
which deferred queue gets flushed out. Can we control the amount of emails
which gets from deferred queue to active queue.

Re: Yahoo blocking emails from Postfix

Wietse Venema
ahsan2011:

> Thanks
>
> Yeah, i know it does not depend on the MTA. I use multiple IPs with SPF,
> DKIM and DMARC.
>
> Regularly update the lists,
>
> used transport to limit yahoo sending but no success. The problem i see that
> even though set a delay to send to yahoo, the emails which are there in
> deferred queue tend to flush really quick and the IP gets grey listed again.
> Anything you suggest to control the sending speed and the retry interval at
> which deferred queue gets flushed out. Can we control the amount of emails
> which gets from deferred queue to active queue.

No, but you can control the delay between successive deliveries.
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#transport_destination_rate_delay
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#default_destination_rate_delay

Caution: the resulting behavior depends on the value of the corresponding
per-destination recipient limit. If you set the per-destination
recipient limit equal to 1, you will send too much email.

- With a corresponding per-destination recipient limit > 1, the
rate delay specifies the time between deliveries to the same domain.
Different domains are delivered in parallel, subject to the process
limits specified in master.cf.

- With a corresponding per-destination recipient limit equal to 1,
the rate delay specifies the time between deliveries to the same
recipient. Different recipients are delivered in parallel, subject
to the process limits specified in master.cf.

        Wietse