access table enhanced smtp status code optional text

access table enhanced smtp status code optional text

Mp Mptri
Hi,

I use access tables with reject codes and optional status codes and going to add some optional text. My question is regarding this text:
Are there any restrictions to this in length or special characters? Is there any rfc document on this?

kind regards,
Michael

Re: access table enhanced smtp status code optional text

Wietse Venema
Mp Mptri:
> Hi,
>
> I use access tables with reject codes and optional status codes and going
> to add some optional text. My question is regarding this text:
> Are there any restrictions to this in length or special characters? Is
> there any rfc document on this?

The following come to mind, referenced in the smtpd(8) manpage:

SMTPD(8)                                                              SMTPD(8)

NAME
       smtpd - Postfix SMTP server
STANDARDS
       RFC 2034 (SMTP enhanced status codes)