access table problems

Stan Hoeppner
When I run these through postmap -q I a get a "REJECT" return.  When I
add a fourth octect to the postmap -q input, I get nothing.  I've been
beating me head on the desk whilst re-reading man 5 access, and I can't
figure out why real addresses matching these class C subnets aren't
returning "REJECT" when I run them through postmap -q.  For quite some
time I thought these were working....I was wrong.  Any ideas what's wrong?

67.192.126              REJECT
67.227.65               REJECT
69.94.132               REJECT
75.102.22               REJECT
207.182.141             REJECT
216.240.128             REJECT
216.245.192             REJECT
203.97.37               REJECT
206.47.199              REJECT
206.53.55               REJECT
208.87.93               REJECT

Thanks.

Stan

Re: access table problems

Olivier Nicole-2
> When I run these through postmap -q I a get a "REJECT" return.  When I
> add a fourth octect to the postmap -q input, I get nothing.  I've been
> beating me head on the desk whilst re-reading man 5 access, and I can't
> figure out why real addresses matching these class C subnets aren't
> returning "REJECT" when I run them through postmap -q.  For quite some
> time I thought these were working....I was wrong.  Any ideas what's wrong?

I think that postmap is not doing the multiple tests that postfix
would be doing:

- postfix would try to match a.b.c.d, a.b.c, a.b and a;

- while postmap try to match exactelly what you are feeding it.

Best regards,

Olivier

Re: access table problems

Olivier Nicole-2
And seeing that the guy is blocking email by country, I really wonder
why I took time replying to him.

Re: access table problems

Sahil Tandon
On Tue, 10 Nov 2009, Stan Hoeppner wrote:

> When I run these through postmap -q I a get a "REJECT" return.  When I
> add a fourth octect to the postmap -q input, I get nothing.  I've been
> beating me head on the desk whilst re-reading man 5 access, and I can't
> figure out why real addresses matching these class C subnets aren't
> returning "REJECT" when I run them through postmap -q.  For quite some
> time I thought these were working....I was wrong.  Any ideas what's wrong?

Nothing is wrong; postmap(1) does not know how you are going to use a
given access(5) table (i.e. check_sender_access, check_client_access, or
with another smtpd(8) restriction), so it can only query for the key.
See your logs to confirm everything is working as expected.

--
Sahil Tandon <[hidden email]>