add missing header if needed

A. Schulze
Hello,

I have to add a "Reply-To" Header in (smtp-) submitted messages.

Adding it unconditionally using PREPEND result in messages with more
then one instance
of this header which violates RFC5322.
Is there a way to add a header _only_ if not present?

Thanks

Re: add missing header if needed

Wietse Venema
Andreas Schulze:
> Hello,
>
> I have to add a "Reply-To" Header in (smtp-) submitted messages.
>
> Adding it unconditionally using PREPEND result in messages with more
> then one instance
> of this header which violates RFC5322.
> Is there a way to add a header _only_ if not present?

header_checks has no memory, so you need to use a Milter
(Python, Perl, C) or SMTP-based filter.

        Wietse