address verify probe cache not refreshing on new user/alias add'n ?

address verify probe cache not refreshing on new user/alias add'n ?

PGNet Dev
i've set up two postfix instances on 2 separate machines

        frontend
        backend

'backend' gets user data via postfixadmin/sqlite3 DB

i've setup address verification between the instances

on mail receipt @ 'frontend', a verify probe is sent to 'backend'.
if 'exists', then mail is sent frontend->backend; otherwise, rejected.

it works as intended.

except -- updates to user DBs at backend aren't being made available promptly.

if I add a mail alias at backend, via postfix admin, and immediately try to send to 'frontend' @ that address, it fails the verify probe.

restarting/reloading the 'backend' postfix doesn't fix the probe fail.

but,

        rm -f /var/lib/postfix/{verify,postscreen}_cache.lmdb
        postfix reload

atm, here

        postconf -n | egrep "address_verify"
                address_verify_cache_cleanup_interval = 12h
                address_verify_map = lmdb:${data_dir}/verify_cache
                address_verify_poll_count = ${stress?{1}:{3}}
                address_verify_sender = [hidden email]
                address_verify_sender_ttl = 28657s

notably,

        address_verify_sender_ttl = 28657s

is changed from default

        address_verify_sender_ttl = 0s

per docs, i'd originally set this, way back when, to "avoid problems with senders that use greylisting" and "To defeat address harvesting ..."

re-reading now, i'm not so sure.

(1) _is_ the likely cause of the verify probe fail due to my config, above? or am i looking in the wrong place?

(2) beyond possibly causing the probe cache issue, are there particular reasons _not_ to set

                address_verify_sender = [hidden email]
                address_verify_sender_ttl = 28657s

?

Re: address verify probe cache not refreshing on new user/alias add'n ?

Wietse Venema
PGNet Dev:

> i've set up two postfix instances on 2 separate machines
>
> frontend
> backend
>
> 'backend' gets user data via postfixadmin/sqlite3 DB
>
> i've setup address verification between the instances
>
> on mail receipt @ 'frontend', a verify probe is sent to 'backend'.
> if 'exists', then mail is sent frontend->backend; otherwise, rejected.
>
> it works as intended.
>
> except -- updates to user DBs at backend aren't being made available promptly.
>
> if I add a mail alias at backend, via postfix admin, and immediately try to send to 'frontend' @ that address, it fails the verify probe.
>
> restarting/reloading the 'backend' postfix doesn't fix the probe fail.

postconf | grep address_verify_negative

        Wietse