antispam gateway rejecting unknown mailbox

antispam gateway rejecting unknown mailbox

joao
Hi,

I have a postfix server with antispam milter and policy daemons
forwarding messages to various distinct remote servers. It works very
well, all messages for the configured domains are forwarded using smtp /
lmtp transport to each server.

My ideia is keep the minimal configuration for each domain: domain
settings and the transport maps. Today I have this:

virtual_mailbox_domains = /etc/postfix/virtual_domains # with the valid
domains
transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport # with the domains and
destination

The problem is that when I send a message to an inexistent mailbox and
existent configured domain, the message is forwarded to destination
server and then the destination server rejects it.

Is it possible to reject in rcpt to command in the antispam gateway
without copying all the mailbox table in to it?

Thanks in advance.

João Reis.

Re: antispam gateway rejecting unknown mailbox

Noel Jones-2
On 8/27/2017 6:05 PM, joao reis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a postfix server with antispam milter and policy daemons
> forwarding messages to various distinct remote servers. It works
> very well, all messages for the configured domains are forwarded
> using smtp / lmtp transport to each server.
>
> My ideia is keep the minimal configuration for each domain: domain
> settings and the transport maps. Today I have this:
>
> virtual_mailbox_domains = /etc/postfix/virtual_domains # with the
> valid domains
> transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport # with the domains and
> destination
>
> The problem is that when I send a message to an inexistent mailbox
> and existent configured domain, the message is forwarded to
> destination server and then the destination server rejects it.
>
> Is it possible to reject in rcpt to command in the antispam gateway
> without copying all the mailbox table in to it?
>

> Thanks in advance.
>
> João Reis.

The best way to solve this is to copy your user list to the gateway
so it knows the valid recipients, then automate the procedure.

If that's not possible, maybe you can use active recipient
verification. Make sure you limit the verification to your own
internal domains.
http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_VERIFICATION_README.html

  -- Noel Jones