automatic sending of e-mail to the recipient of the message sent by the server

automatic sending of e-mail to the recipient of the message sent by the server

Przemysław Piskozub

Hello everyone!

I would like to configure postfix in a specific way.

The server is used to send emails from counters from MFP devices. Sometimes, someone from the device will send a scanned image to an address outside of my domain. In this case, I would like to automatically send some template mail to the recipient's email address.

If it is possible?
If so, please provide information or a link to the article on how to do it ...

Thank you in advance
Przemek :)

Re: automatic sending of e-mail to the recipient of the message sent by the server

Wietse Venema
Przemys?aw Piskozub:

> Hello everyone!
>
> I would like to configure postfix in a specific way.
>
> The server is used to send emails from counters from MFP devices. Sometimes,
> someone from the device will send a scanned image to an address outside of my
> domain. In this case, I would like to automatically send some template mail to
> the recipient's email address.
>
> If it is possible?
> If so, please provide information or a link to the article on how to do it ...

Postfix receives and delivers email. If you want to change the
format or the content of an email message, you need to use additional
software such as altermime.

Try a web serch for "postfix altermime". There are many examples
that add a footer to an email message, but it can also do other
things.

I would like to solve this by sending a separate email to the same recipient. There is a possibility?
Przemek

Re: automatic sending of e-mail to the recipient of the message sent by the server

Wietse Venema
Przemys?aw Piskozub:
> I would like to solve this by sending a separate email to the same recipient.
> There is a possibility?

This is not built into Postfix. You will have to use some content
filter that creates the second message based on the envelope or
content of the original message.

        Wietse