backwards compatibility questions 2.1 to 3.x

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

backwards compatibility questions 2.1 to 3.x

Voytek
I have  3.2.4 with /etc/postfix from 2.1, virtual domain/virtual users in
mysql

have not as yet set "postconf compatibility_level=2", "Postfix is running
with backwards-compatible default settings"

grep backward /var/log/maillog* (apart from warning about it) gives:

/var/log/maillog:

Dec 25 04:17:03 geko postfix/trivial-rewrite[4747]: using
backwards-compatible default setting append_dot_mydomain=yes to rewrite
"brandnew" to "brandnew.sbt.net.au"
Dec 27 15:35:55 geko postfix/trivial-rewrite[19201]: using
backwards-compatible default setting append_dot_mydomain=yes to rewrite
"iZ94nt9sb5tZ" to "iZ94nt9sb5tZ.sbt.net.au"
Dec 27 15:35:55 geko postfix/trivial-rewrite[19201]: using
backwards-compatible default setting append_dot_mydomain=yes to rewrite
"iZ94nt9sb5tZ" to "iZ94nt9sb5tZ.sbt.net.au"
Dec 29 03:31:34 geko postfix/trivial-rewrite[32602]: using
backwards-compatible default setting append_dot_mydomain=yes to rewrite
"iZu1n7d6k3qZ" to "iZu1n7d6k3qZ.sbt.net.au"

grep append_dot_mydomain /etc/postfix/main.cf
#

so, once I set "postconf compatibility_level=2" this will be OK, yes ?

chroot commented out
# grep chroot  /etc/postfix/master.cf
# service type  private unpriv  chroot  wakeup  maxproc command + args
#

mynetworks_style commented out
# grep mynetworks_style  /etc/postfix/main.cf
#mynetworks_style = class
#mynetworks_style = subnet
#mynetworks_style = host
#

don't have smtputf8
grep  smtputf8  /etc/postfix/main.cf
#

# grep  relay_domains   /etc/postfix/main.cf

proxy_read_maps = $canonical_maps $lmtp_generic_maps
$local_recipient_maps $mydestination $mynetworks $recipient_bcc_maps
$recipient_canonical_maps $relay_domains $relay_recipient_maps
$relocated_maps $sender_bcc_maps $sender_canonical_maps $smtp_generic_maps
$smtpd_sender_login_maps $transport_maps $virtual_alias_domains
$virtual_alias_maps $virtual_mailbox_domains $virtual_mailbox_maps
$smtpd_sender_restrictions
relay_domains = $mydestination,
proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/relay_domains.cf

# grep  '$mydestination'   /etc/postfix/main.cf

proxy_read_maps = $canonical_maps $lmtp_generic_maps $local_recipient_maps
$mydestination $mynetworks $recipient_bcc_maps $recipient_canonical_maps
$relay_domains $relay_recipient_maps $relocated_maps $sender_bcc_maps
$sender_canonical_maps $smtp_generic_maps $smtpd_sender_login_maps
$transport_maps $virtual_alias_domains $virtual_alias_maps
$virtual_mailbox_domains $virtual_mailbox_maps $smtpd_sender_restrictions
relay_domains = $mydestination,
proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql/relay_domains.cf

do I need ? should ? do anything here ?

mynetworks = question:
mynetworks = 127.0.0.1 serverip myip

should I enter here all IPs of remote authorized users ? that's maybe 10
IPs ?

thanks for all help and pointers

V

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: backwards compatibility questions 2.1 to 3.x

Wietse Venema
Voytek:

> I have  3.2.4 with /etc/postfix from 2.1, virtual domain/virtual users in
> mysql
>
> have not as yet set "postconf compatibility_level=2", "Postfix is running
> with backwards-compatible default settings"
>
> grep backward /var/log/maillog* (apart from warning about it) gives:
>
> /var/log/maillog:
>
> Dec 25 04:17:03 geko postfix/trivial-rewrite[4747]: using
> backwards-compatible default setting append_dot_mydomain=yes to rewrite
> "brandnew" to "brandnew.sbt.net.au"
> Dec 27 15:35:55 geko postfix/trivial-rewrite[19201]: using
> backwards-compatible default setting append_dot_mydomain=yes to rewrite
> "iZ94nt9sb5tZ" to "iZ94nt9sb5tZ.sbt.net.au"
> Dec 27 15:35:55 geko postfix/trivial-rewrite[19201]: using
> backwards-compatible default setting append_dot_mydomain=yes to rewrite
> "iZ94nt9sb5tZ" to "iZ94nt9sb5tZ.sbt.net.au"
> Dec 29 03:31:34 geko postfix/trivial-rewrite[32602]: using
> backwards-compatible default setting append_dot_mydomain=yes to rewrite
> "iZu1n7d6k3qZ" to "iZu1n7d6k3qZ.sbt.net.au"

Your system needs append_dot_mydomain=yes in main.cf, because the
new default setting could break mail delivery.

> so, once I set "postconf compatibility_level=2" this will be OK, yes ?

That will break mail deliveries if you don't have append_dot_mydomain=yes
in main.cf. See the warning message above.

> mynetworks = 127.0.0.1 serverip myip
>
> should I enter here all IPs of remote authorized users ? that's maybe 10
> IPs ?

If it says "using backwards-compatible default setting
mynetworks_style=subnet" (to prevent mail from suddenly getting
blocked) then you need to set mynetworks_style=subnet in main.cf.

        Wietse
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: backwards compatibility questions 2.1 to 3.x

Voytek
On Sun, December 31, 2017 2:03 am, Wietse Venema wrote:

>> Dec 29 03:31:34 geko postfix/trivial-rewrite[32602]: using
>> backwards-compatible default setting append_dot_mydomain=yes to rewrite
>> "iZu1n7d6k3qZ" to "iZu1n7d6k3qZ.sbt.net.au"
>>
>
> Your system needs append_dot_mydomain=yes in main.cf, because the
> new default setting could break mail delivery.
>
>> so, once I set "postconf compatibility_level=2" this will be OK, yes ?
>
> That will break mail deliveries if you don't have append_dot_mydomain=yes
>  in main.cf. See the warning message above.

OK, done
postconf compatibility_level=2
postfix reload

had a brief heart stoppage when noticed 'fatal'
postfix/postfix-script: fatal: usage: postfix start (or stop, reload,
abort, flush, check, status, set-permissions, upgrade-configuration)

THEN noticed I missed 'd', I've entered 'postfix reloa' rather than 'reload'

so, it's all good, thanks again!

Happy Mew Year!

Voytek