bad link/anchor in the Postfix HTML documentation

bad link/anchor in the Postfix HTML documentation

Vincent Lefevre-10
Hi,

On http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtp_tls_security_level
there is a link "fingerprint", with the URL:

  http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#client_tls_fingerprint

However, on this web page, the client_tls_fingerprint anchor doesn't
exist. It seems that the right URL should be:

  http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#client_tls_fprint

Alternatively, the anchor should be changed on TLS_README.html
to client_tls_fingerprint (but other links would need to be
changed).

BTW, isn't there any check for internal links that would detect
such issues when the documentation is built?

Vincent Lefèvre <[hidden email]> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>

Re: bad link/anchor in the Postfix HTML documentation

Wietse Venema
Vincent Lefevre:

> Hi,
>
> On http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtp_tls_security_level
> there is a link "fingerprint", with the URL:
>
>   http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#client_tls_fingerprint
>
> However, on this web page, the client_tls_fingerprint anchor doesn't
> exist. It seems that the right URL should be:
>
>   http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#client_tls_fprint

Thanks. I have fixed the postconf.proto file.

> Alternatively, the anchor should be changed on TLS_README.html
> to client_tls_fingerprint (but other links would need to be
> changed).
>
> BTW, isn't there any check for internal links that would detect
> such issues when the documentation is built?

There wasn't such a thing when I created the Postfix 2.0 documentation
tools. If there is a check that can be automated as part of the
build process then I would be interested. If it can't be automated,
then it won't be used.

        Wietse