benchmark for postfix

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
si5
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

benchmark for postfix

si5
Hi

This is regarding the performance testing of postfix 2.10.1. We are using directory server --> openldap and imap server --> dovecot. We have tested the setup with spirent and mail drops are less.

But we want to document the results. While searching on internet for few days about a already documented result, we couldn't find much.

We were able to find SPECmail 2009 benchmark. There were some published results also. But it said "SPECmail 2009" is retired in 2011 and results based on this benchmark will not be accepted.

We want some guidance on --> Is SPECmail 2009 is the only available benchmark for mail servers or there are others too? 

Any help will be really appreciated.


Regards

Saahil

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: benchmark for postfix

Bastian Blank-3
On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 07:00:59AM +0000, SAAHIL IFTEKHAR wrote:
> We want some guidance on --> Is SPECmail 2009 is the only available
> benchmark for mail servers or there are others too?

We use mstone (http://mstone.sourceforge.net/) for testing mail
throughput.

> Any help will be really appreciated.

What are your target numbers?  1/h, 1k/h, 1M/h?

Bastian

--
I object to intellect without discipline;  I object to power without
constructive purpose.
                -- Spock, "The Squire of Gothos", stardate 2124.5
si5
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: benchmark for postfix

si5
Hi 

Thanks for replying.

>>What are your target numbers?  1/h, 1k/h, 1M/h?

Currently we are testing for 200000 / 10 minutes i.e 1M/hr approx.

>>We use mstone (http://mstone.sourceforge.net/) for testing mail
throughput.

Is it a software or it is a benchmark standard. Actually we want one standard like SPECmail2009 or 2008 or 2001 so that we can know what tests we have to do for documentation.

Take a look at this link-->




Regards

Saahil



On Mon 23 Apr, 2018 13:32 Bastian Blank, <bastian+postfix-users=[hidden email]> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 23, 2018 at 07:00:59AM +0000, SAAHIL IFTEKHAR wrote:
> We want some guidance on --> Is SPECmail 2009 is the only available
> benchmark for mail servers or there are others too?

We use mstone (http://mstone.sourceforge.net/) for testing mail
throughput.

> Any help will be really appreciated.

What are your target numbers?  1/h, 1k/h, 1M/h?

Bastian

--
I object to intellect without discipline;  I object to power without
constructive purpose.
                -- Spock, "The Squire of Gothos", stardate 2124.5