best way to stop all outbound delivery?

Florin Andrei
I've a Linux machine which is used as a final destination for test
emails. Some local inboxes are created, local delivery via Dovecot to IMAP.

I want this machine to never send out any email whatsoever. Never relay.
Accept inbound messages, deliver locally to IMAP - all that is fine. But
no message should ever leave this box, for no reason, even if it's a
notification for delivery error.

I could block outbound port tcp/25 with iptables, but it seems inelegant.

Would this do the trick?

default_transport = error:no outbound emails, sorry

Florin Andrei
http://florin.myip.org/

Re: best way to stop all outbound delivery?

Wietse Venema
Florin Andrei:
> I've a Linux machine which is used as a final destination for test
> emails. Some local inboxes are created, local delivery via Dovecot to IMAP.
>
> I want this machine to never send out any email whatsoever. Never relay.
> Accept inbound messages, deliver locally to IMAP - all that is fine. But
> no message should ever leave this box, for no reason, even if it's a
> notification for delivery error.

Turn off the SMTP client in master.cf.

        Wietse

> I could block outbound port tcp/25 with iptables, but it seems inelegant.
>
> Would this do the trick?
>
> default_transport = error:no outbound emails, sorry
>
> --
> Florin Andrei
> http://florin.myip.org/

Re: best way to stop all outbound delivery?

Reindl Harald-2

Am 05.05.2012 02:48, schrieb Wietse Venema:

> Florin Andrei:
>> I've a Linux machine which is used as a final destination for test
>> emails. Some local inboxes are created, local delivery via Dovecot to IMAP.
>>
>> I want this machine to never send out any email whatsoever. Never relay.
>> Accept inbound messages, deliver locally to IMAP - all that is fine. But
>> no message should ever leave this box, for no reason, even if it's a
>> notification for delivery error.
>
> Turn off the SMTP client in master.cf
i did it with the following options on begin "main.cf"
while my testmachines are using LMTP transports to
local domains

this way you can set sender/rcpt dependent transports to
allow relay in special cases even combined with
smtp_sasl_password_maps for relay as example testmails
to my gmail account which needs authentication

default_transport = error:5.1.2 mail to remote domains not permitted
local_transport   = error:5.1.2 local transport not permitted
relay_transport   = error:5.1.2 relay transport not permitted
virtual_transport = error:5.1.2 virtual transport not permitted