blackhole for particuliar address on a Postfix MX ?

blackhole for particuliar address on a Postfix MX ?

Frank Bonnet
Hello

I have setup a MX for our domain that use the relay_recipient feature.
Everything works nicely but I would like to have the possibility to
silently discard some hardly spammed addresses on the MX which actually
resend a User unknown in relay recipient table error message.

Odf course the concerned address will NOT be used anymore here !!!

Actually I use a transport map to forward to addresses listed in
relay_recipents map to the internal email server.

Thanks for any infos.

Re: blackhole for particuliar address on a Postfix MX ?

mouss-2
Frank Bonnet wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have setup a MX for our domain that use the relay_recipient feature.
> Everything works nicely but I would like to have the possibility to
> silently discard some hardly spammed addresses on the MX which actually
> resend a User unknown in relay recipient table error message.
>
> Odf course the concerned address will NOT be used anymore here !!!
>
> Actually I use a transport map to forward to addresses listed in
> relay_recipents map to the internal email server.

smtpd_sender_restrictions =
    check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/recipient_acl

== recipient_acl:
[hidden email]      reject user unknown in vodka poker table

RE: blackhole for particuliar address on a Postfix MX ?

MacShane, Tracy

If you're wanting to reject the messages without the "user unknown in relay recipient table", you can set the "show_user_unknown_table_name = no" parameter in main.cf. This will then just issue a generic "Recipient address rejected: User unknown" message.

Otherwise, you can use a DISCARD rather than a REJECT action in a check_recipient_access map to silently drop messages once you've accepted them. Although I think use of this feature should be minimised.