both virtual_transport and transport_maps

both virtual_transport and transport_maps

jor.goncalves
Hi folks, excuse me for my noob question

 I have installed a system with recent postfix and courier-imap(maildrop).

I found how to use transport_maps for routing message with a request over ldap to obtain a mailhost to route  some emails to corresponding mailbox.

The things I wanted now  is :

for specific users I wanted to send mail to another emails:

 for exemple for [hidden email] i wanted to send to [hidden email].

I think using virtual map can do the trick with a file like this:

1 /etc/postfix/main.cf:
 2     virtual_transport = maildrop
 3     virtual_mailbox_domains = test.net test3.net
 4     virtual_mailbox_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual
 5     virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual
 6
 7 /etc/postfix/virtual:
 8      [hidden email]      [hidden email]
 9
postmap /etc/postfix/virtual
/etc/init.d/postfix reload

The problem is that [hidden email] is in the Ldap Table and the mail to [hidden email] goes to [hidden email] always instead of [hidden email].

Only transport map is done never virtual map.

There is a notion of priority with the maps?

Why? Can I mix in postfix transport map and virtual maps?

If not how can I do the trick?

Thanks a lot for helping

Re: both virtual_transport and transport_maps

Noel Jones-2
On 7/13/2018 4:07 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi folks, excuse me for my noob question
>
>  I have installed a system with recent postfix and courier-imap(maildrop).
>
> I found how to use transport_maps for routing message with a request over ldap to obtain a mailhost to route  some emails to corresponding mailbox.
>
> The things I wanted now  is :
>
> for specific users I wanted to send mail to another emails:
>
>  for exemple for [hidden email] i wanted to send to [hidden email].
>
> I think using virtual map can do the trick with a file like this:
>
> 1 /etc/postfix/main.cf:
>  2     virtual_transport = maildrop
>  3     virtual_mailbox_domains = test.net test3.net
>  4     virtual_mailbox_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual
>  5     virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual
>  6
>  7 /etc/postfix/virtual:
>  8      [hidden email]      [hidden email]
>  9
> postmap /etc/postfix/virtual
> /etc/init.d/postfix reload
>

> The problem is that [hidden email] is in the Ldap Table and the mail to [hidden email] goes to [hidden email] always instead of [hidden email].
>
> Only transport map is done never virtual map.
>
> There is a notion of priority with the maps?
>
> Why? Can I mix in postfix transport map and virtual maps?
>
> If not how can I do the trick?
>

> Thanks a lot for helping

Don't use the same map for virtual_mailbox_maps and
virtual_alias_maps.

Re: both virtual_transport and transport_maps

jor.goncalves
Thanks Noel for the reply so I deleted  virtual_mailbox_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual

but only transport maps is trigered not virtual map.

Thanks.