case sensitiv: relay_recipients ?

joed
I’m using postfix 3.1.4 and debian 9. I want to use a relay_recipients,
where the valid e-mail addresses are. The entry for my address is
[hidden email] (All in small letters). When I write to
[hidden email] everything works. The e-mail ends up in the
right destination.

As soon as a letter is capitalized there is a problem, for example using
"[hidden email] "

--mail log--
postfix/smtpd[22460]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mypc.domain.eu
[192.168.1.55]: 450 4.1.1 < [hidden email] >: Recipient
address rejected: unverified address: Addresslookup failed.
--mail log--

Should not the uppercase and lowercase be the same?

regards
joed

Re: case sensitiv: relay_recipients ?

Wietse Venema
Jochen Dehm:

Thank you for using Postfix.

Re: case sensitiv: relay_recipients ?

Wietse Venema
Wietse Venema:

> Jochen Dehm:
> > I?m using postfix 3.1.4 and debian 9. I want to use a relay_recipients,
> > where the valid e-mail addresses are. The entry for my address is
> > [hidden email] (All in small letters). When I write to
> > [hidden email] everything works. The e-mail ends up in the
> > right destination.
> >
> > As soon as a letter is capitalized there is a problem, for example using
> > "[hidden email] "
> >
> > --mail log--
> > postfix/smtpd[22460]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from mypc.domain.eu
> > [192.168.1.55]: 450 4.1.1 < [hidden email] >: Recipient
> > address rejected: unverified address: Addresslookup failed.
> > --mail log--
> >
> > Should not the uppercase and lowercase be the same?
>
> TO REPORT A PROBLEM see http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail

In particular, "Addresslookup failed" is not a Postfix message. It
comes from something that Postfix talks to, when it tries to verify
the recipient address.