change myhostname

Poliman - Serwis
Hi
I changed myhostname in /etc/postfix/main.cf from serwer-1.localdomain to s1.mydomain.com but postconf -d shows something different from both mentioned earlier -> s1.localdomain.
myorigin = /etc/mailname which includes -> serwer-1.localdomain
hostname -f returns s1.mydomain.com

Question is why after changed myhostname it still is different and why it is different from value which I set and which were before setup.
--
Pozdrawiam / Best Regards
Piotr Bracha

tel. 534 555 877

tel. 534 555 877

Re: change myhostname

Viktor Dukhovni
On Mon, Sep 04, 2017 at 10:24:04AM +0200, Poliman - Serwis wrote:

> By the way - what more should I change ...
>
> > I changed myhostname in /etc/postfix/main.cf from serwer-1.localdomain to
> > s1.mydomain.com, but postconf -d shows ...
> >
> > Question is why after changed myhostname it still is different ...

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.1.html

    -d     Print main.cf default parameter settings instead of actual  set-
           tings.   Specify  -df  to  fold long lines for human readability
           (Postfix 2.9 and later).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Default_(computer_science)

    A default, in computer science, refers to the preexisting value
    of a user-configurable setting that is assigned to a software
    application, computer program or device. Such settings are also
    called presets or factory presets, especially for electronic
    devices. The Oxford English Dictionary dates this usage to the
    mid-1960s, as a variant of the older meaning of "failure in
    performance".

    Default values are standard values that are universal to all
    instances of the device or model and intended to make the device
    as accessible as possible "out of the box" without necessitating
    a lengthy configuration process prior to use. The user only
    has to modify the default settings according to their personal
    preferences. In many devices, the user has the option to restore
    these default settings for one or all options. Such an assignment
    makes the choice of that setting or value more likely (the
    so-called default effect).

Re: change myhostname

Poliman - Serwis
I paste wrong command - I mean postconf -n.

On Mon, Sep 04, 2017 at 10:24:04AM +0200, Poliman - Serwis wrote:

> By the way - what more should I change ...
>
> > I changed myhostname in /etc/postfix/main.cf from serwer-1.localdomain to
> > s1.mydomain.com, but postconf -d shows ...
> >
> > Question is why after changed myhostname it still is different ...

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.1.html

    -d     Print main.cf default parameter settings instead of actual  set-
           tings.   Specify  -df  to  fold long lines for human readability
           (Postfix 2.9 and later).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Default_(computer_science)

    A default, in computer science, refers to the preexisting value
    of a user-configurable setting that is assigned to a software
    application, computer program or device. Such settings are also
    called presets or factory presets, especially for electronic
    devices. The Oxford English Dictionary dates this usage to the
    mid-1960s, as a variant of the older meaning of "failure in
    performance".

    instances of the device or model and intended to make the device
    as accessible as possible "out of the box" without necessitating
    a lengthy configuration process prior to use. The user only
    has to modify the default settings according to their personal
    preferences. In many devices, the user has the option to restore
    these default settings for one or all options. Such an assignment
    makes the choice of that setting or value more likely (the
    so-called default effect).

Pozdrawiam / Best Regards
Piotr Bracha

tel. 534 555 877

Re: change myhostname

Benny Pedersen-2
Poliman - Serwis skrev den 2017-09-04 09:42:

> I changed myhostname in /etc/postfix/main.cf [1] from
> serwer-1.localdomain to s1.mydomain.com [2] but postconf -d shows
> something different from both mentioned earlier -> s1.localdomain.

postconf -d is default compiled in settings, use postconf -n for changed
settings

> myorigin = /etc/mailname which includes -> serwer-1.localdomain
> hostname -f returns s1.mydomain.com [2]

can be confirmed by postconf -n

> Question is why after changed myhostname it still is different and why
> it is different from value which I set and which were before setup.

man postconf

> Links:
> ------
> [1] http://main.cf
> [2] http://s1.mydomain.com

and thise domains is your own :(

to postfix owners/deverloppers team, can cf tld be changed to solve that
its registrated dns tld ?, or will it forever break postfix if changed ?

tel. 534 555 877

Re: change myhostname

Benny Pedersen-2
Poliman - Serwis skrev den 2017-09-04 13:17:
> I put to message wrong command, I used postconf -n. How should look
> mydestination - I setup there localhost, and each domain on my server
> including mydomain.com

if no postconf -n on pastebin or here, no one knows how to help future

if you know your faults, no need to ask for help then

sorry

Re: change myhostname

Poliman - Serwis
alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases, hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases, hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
append_dot_mydomain = no
biff = no
body_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/body_checks
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
content_filter = amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10024
dovecot_destination_recipient_limit = 1
greylisting = check_policy_service inet:127.0.0.1:10023
html_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix/html
inet_interfaces = all
inet_protocols = all
mailbox_size_limit = 0
maildrop_destination_concurrency_limit = 1
maildrop_destination_recipient_limit = 1
message_size_limit = 0
mime_header_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/mime_header_checks
mydestination = serwer-1.localdomain, localhost, localhost.localdomain
myhostname = s1.poliman.net
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 [::1]/128
myorigin = /etc/mailname
nested_header_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/nested_header_checks
owner_request_special = no
proxy_read_maps = $local_recipient_maps $mydestination $virtual_alias_maps $virtual_alias_domains $sender_bcc_maps $virtual_mailbox_maps $virtual_mailbox_domains $relay_recipient_maps $relay_domains $canonical_maps $sender_canonical_maps $recipient_canonical_maps $relocated_maps $transport_maps $mynetworks $smtpd_sender_login_maps
readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix
receive_override_options = no_address_mappings
recipient_delimiter = +
relay_domains = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_relaydomains.cf
relay_recipient_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_relayrecipientmaps.cf
relayhost =
sender_bcc_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_outgoing_bcc.cf
smtp_tls_exclude_ciphers = RC4, aNULL
smtp_tls_protocols = !SSLv2,!SSLv3
smtp_tls_security_level = may
smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name (Ubuntu)
smtpd_client_message_rate_limit = 100
smtpd_client_restrictions = check_client_access mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_client.cf
smtpd_helo_required = yes
smtpd_helo_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated, permit_mynetworks, check_helo_access regexp:/etc/postfix/helo_access, reject_invalid_hostname, reject_non_fqdn_hostname, reject_invalid_helo_hostname, reject_unknown_helo_hostname, check_helo_access regexp:/etc/postfix/blacklist_helo
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination, check_recipient_access mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_recipient.cf, reject_rbl_client zen.spamhaus.org, check_recipient_access mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_policy_greylist.cf
smtpd_relay_restrictions = permit_mynetworks permit_sasl_authenticated defer_unauth_destination
smtpd_restriction_classes = greylisting
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = yes
smtpd_sasl_path = private/auth
smtpd_sasl_type = dovecot
smtpd_sender_login_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_sender_login_maps.cf
smtpd_sender_restrictions = check_sender_access regexp:/etc/postfix/tag_as_originating.re , permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, check_sender_access mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_sender.cf, check_sender_access regexp:/etc/postfix/tag_as_foreign.re
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/postfix/smtpd.cert
smtpd_tls_dh1024_param_file = /etc/postfix/dh2048.pem
smtpd_tls_exclude_ciphers = RC4, aNULL
smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/postfix/smtpd.key
smtpd_tls_mandatory_protocols = !SSLv2, !SSLv3
smtpd_tls_protocols = !SSLv2,!SSLv3
smtpd_tls_security_level = may
smtpd_use_tls = yes
tls_preempt_cipherlist = yes
transport_maps = hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/transport-mailman, proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_transports.cf
virtual_alias_domains =
virtual_alias_maps = hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman, proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_forwardings.cf, proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_email2email.cf
virtual_gid_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_gids.cf
virtual_mailbox_base = /var/vmail
virtual_mailbox_domains = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_domains.cf
virtual_mailbox_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_mailboxes.cf
virtual_transport = dovecot
virtual_uid_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_uids.cf

Poliman - Serwis skrev den 2017-09-04 13:17:
I put to message wrong command, I used postconf -n. How should look
mydestination - I setup there localhost, and each domain on my server
including mydomain.com

if no postconf -n on pastebin or here, no one knows how to help future

if you know your faults, no need to ask for help then

sorry

--
Pozdrawiam / Best Regards
Piotr Bracha