changing TO header of queued mail

Zbigniew Szalbot-9
Hello,

Sometimes people make typos like hotamil.com and the message is queued
as domain is not found. Is there a postfix tool which would allow me to
alter the TO field (correct the typo) and resend it?

Many thanks!

Zbigniew Szalbot
www.lc-words.com

Re: changing TO header of queued mail

Sahil Tandon
Zbigniew Szalbot <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sometimes people make typos like hotamil.com and the message is queued as
> domain is not found. Is there a postfix tool which would allow me to alter
> the TO field (correct the typo) and resend it?

Yes, this was discussed recently on the mailing list:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.postfix.user/183474

Sahil Tandon <[hidden email]>

Re: changing TO header of queued mail

Noel Jones-2
Sahil Tandon wrote:

> Zbigniew Szalbot <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Sometimes people make typos like hotamil.com and the message is queued as
>> domain is not found. Is there a postfix tool which would allow me to alter
>> the TO field (correct the typo) and resend it?
>
> Yes, this was discussed recently on the mailing list:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.mail.postfix.user/183474

In these cases, it's probably better to reject the mail and
let the sender deal with it.  You can add entries to your
transport_maps to reject mail with non-deliverable domain names.

# main.cf

# transport
hotmial.com   error:5.1.2 hotmail.com not hotmial.com
hotamil.com   error:5.1.2 hotmail.com not hotamil.com
wanado.fr     error:5.1.2 wanadoo.fr not wanado.fr
htomail.com   error:5.1.2 hotmail.com not htomail.com
hotemail.com  error:5.1.2 hotmail.com not hotemail.com
...  and any others that you see a lot of ...

--
Noel Jones