connect() no file or directory

Roelof Wobben
Hello,

I did all the steps from this page : http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html

postconf -a gives cyrus and dovecot
postconf -A gives me only cyrus.

So it followed the cyrus steps on Centos 7.

but as soon as I do :

testsaslauthd -u username -p password

I see this as output :  connect() : no file or directory.

How can I figure out which file or directory is missing ?

Re: connect() no file or directory

Viktor Dukhovni

> On May 30, 2017, at 8:40 AM, Roelof Wobben <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> testsaslauthd -u username -p password
>
> I see this as output :  connect() : no file or directory.
>
> How can I figure out which file or directory is missing ?

Likely the saslauthd "mux" socket.  Probably saslauthd is not running,
but perhaps it socket is in an unexpected location.

Op 30-5-2017 om 14:56 schreef Viktor Dukhovni:

>> On May 30, 2017, at 8:40 AM, Roelof Wobben <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> testsaslauthd -u username -p password
>>
>> I see this as output :  connect() : no file or directory.
>>
>> How can I figure out which file or directory is missing ?
> Likely the saslauthd "mux" socket.  Probably saslauthd is not running,
> but perhaps it socket is in an unexpected location.

Thanks,

saslauth was not running.

When I do now testsaslauthd -u user -p password -s smtp  I see a success
messsage