correct multipart messages

Stefan Palme-2
Hi,

I know this is a little bit off-topic, but I am sure here are people
who can bring me some light... ;-)

I am looking for documenation of how to create correct emails with HTML
and alternative plain text content, while the HTML part may contain
included images (so I need multipart/related, multipart/alternate, maybe
multipart/mixed and such stuff), but I don't know how to nest these MIME
parts correctly into each other... I guess there is an RFC for this, but
I must be searching for the wrong keywords, because I don't find it...

Thanks and regards
-stefan-

Re: correct multipart messages

Victor Duchovni
On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 03:31:52PM +0200, Stefan Palme wrote:

> I know this is a little bit off-topic, but I am sure here are people
> who can bring me some light... ;-)
>
> I am looking for documenation of how to create correct emails with HTML
> and alternative plain text content, while the HTML part may contain
> included images (so I need multipart/related, multipart/alternate, maybe
> multipart/mixed and such stuff), but I don't know how to nest these MIME
> parts correctly into each other... I guess there is an RFC for this, but
> I must be searching for the wrong keywords, because I don't find it...

    http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2046#section-5.1.4
    http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2387

    multipart/alternative
    text/plain
        multipart/related
                text/html (<a href="cid:[hidden email]">...</a>)
                image/jpeg (Content-ID: [hidden email])