default_destination_rate_delay

Philip
Morning List,

If default_destination_rate_delay = 0s this effects incoming and
outgoing que processing...

I'm trying to set the MTA (external emails) to send only at 5 second
intervals would that be smtpd_destination_rate_delay = 5s?

Curious because smptd_ and default_ have the same effect.

Phil

Re: default_destination_rate_delay

Wietse Venema
Philip:
> Morning List,
>
> If default_destination_rate_delay = 0s this effects incoming and
> outgoing que processing...

It is the default amount of delay that is inserted between DELIVERIES.
Note that Postfix delivers mail FROM the queue.

> I'm trying to set the MTA (external emails) to send only at 5 second
> intervals would that be smtpd_destination_rate_delay = 5s?

rate_delay is for DELIVERIES. smtpd RECEIVES mail.

> Curious because smptd_ and default_ have the same effect.

Postfixs version released after 2014 would complain about an
undefined parameter.

        Wietse