default outgoing encoding

Eliza
Hi,

if MUA lacks to set encoding, where for postfix to setup the default
content encoding (for example, utf8) for outgoing messages?

thanks

Re: default outgoing encoding

Viktor Dukhovni
On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 12:05:57PM +0800, Eliza wrote:

> If MUA lacks to set encoding, where for Postfix to setup the default
> content encoding (for example, utf8) for outgoing messages?

I'm afraid that only the MUA can set the correct character set of
the various textual parts of a message.

The implicit default is "us-ascii" [1], and anything else, e.g. "UTF-8" [2]
is the MUA's responsibility:

[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6657#section-4
[2] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3629#section-8

Re: default outgoing encoding

Eliza
Hi Viktor,

on 2019/8/19 13:29, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
> I'm afraid that only the MUA can set the correct character set of
> the various textual parts of a message.
>
> The implicit default is "us-ascii" [1], and anything else, e.g. "UTF-8" [2]
> is the MUA's responsibility:

That's OK. thank you.