difference between /var/spool/postfix/etc/hosts and /etc/hosts

difference between /var/spool/postfix/etc/hosts and /etc/hosts

Paul Martin
Hello,

on debian , i am running postfix. I changed my IP ldap server in /etc/hosts but /var/spool/postfix/etc/hosts is different. What shoud I do to make postfix using the new IP ldap?

Regards,
Paul

Re: difference between /var/spool/postfix/etc/hosts and /etc/hosts

Stefan Förster-4
* Paul Martin <[hidden email]>:
>on debian , i am running postfix. I changed my IP ldap server in /etc/hosts
>but /var/spool/postfix/etc/hosts is different. What shoud I do to make
>postfix using the new IP ldap?

This Debian-specific issue can be solved by restarting the Postfix
service (e.g. "service postfix restart") or calling the configuration
script for each instance, e.g.:

/usr/lib/postfix/configure-instance.sh /etc/postfix

HTH,
Stefan