dovecot.sieve file location?

kbajwa
CentOS 5.2
Postfix-2.3.3
Dovecot-1.1.1
Dovecot.Sieve-1.1.5

I have setup with:

home_mailbox = Maildir/ (/etc/postfix/main.cf)  &

mail-location = maildir:~/Maildir (/etc/dovecot.conf)

I have created a 'test' user to test Sieve 'Vacation' setup. My questions
are:

1. Which folder '.dovecot.sieve' script is copied into? Is it 'home/test'
-or- 'home/test/Maildir' or someplace else?

2. '.dovecot.sieve' script parameter ":days 1" means that the reply is sent
once a day. Is it possible to send the reply 'immediately'?

Kirti

Re: dovecot.sieve file location?

mouss-2
kbajwa wrote:

> CentOS 5.2
> Postfix-2.3.3
> Dovecot-1.1.1
> Dovecot.Sieve-1.1.5
>
> I have setup with:
>
> home_mailbox = Maildir/ (/etc/postfix/main.cf)  &
>
> mail-location = maildir:~/Maildir (/etc/dovecot.conf)
>

> I have created a 'test' user to test Sieve 'Vacation' setup. My questions
> are:
>
> 1. Which folder '.dovecot.sieve' script is copied into? Is it 'home/test'
> -or- 'home/test/Maildir' or someplace else?
>
> 2. '.dovecot.sieve' script parameter ":days 1" means that the reply is sent
> once a day. Is it possible to send the reply 'immediately'?

Welcome to the postfix mailing-list. for dovecot related questions,
please ask on dovecot list.

(that said, .dovecot.sieve should be in the home directory of the user).