email firewall/gateway but with root mail

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

email firewall/gateway but with root mail

Farkas Levente
hi,
i've got a mail firewall/gateway and try to follow the instruction in
http://www.postfix.org/STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html
to disable all local delivery. the only problem with this approach is
that even root's mail are dropped, ie. even if i has a line in
/etc/aliases root:  [hidden email] the locally generated
(daemon) mails still dropped by postfix (even the alias are remote).
so what is the preferred way to disable local delivery but deliver
locally generated daemon's mail to an external email address?
thanks.

--
   Levente                               "Si vis pacem para bellum!"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: email firewall/gateway but with root mail

Ralf Hildebrandt
* Farkas Levente <[hidden email]>:
> hi,
> i've got a mail firewall/gateway and try to follow the instruction in
> http://www.postfix.org/STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html
> to disable all local delivery. the only problem with this approach is  
> that even root's mail are dropped, ie. even if i has a line in  
> /etc/aliases root:  [hidden email] the locally generated (daemon)
> mails still dropped by postfix (even the alias are remote).

Show some logs.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt ([hidden email])          [hidden email]
Postfix - Einrichtung, Betrieb und Wartung       Tel. +49 (0)30-450 570-155
http://www.arschkrebs.de
The length of the signature is inversely proportional
to the user's ability to use google.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: email firewall/gateway but with root mail

mouss-2
In reply to this post by Farkas Levente
Farkas Levente wrote:
> hi,
> i've got a mail firewall/gateway and try to follow the instruction in
> http://www.postfix.org/STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html
> to disable all local delivery. the only problem with this approach is
> that even root's mail are dropped, ie. even if i has a line in
> /etc/aliases root:  [hidden email] the locally generated
> (daemon) mails still dropped by postfix (even the alias are remote).

if you disable local delivery, then /etc/aliases will not be used.

> so what is the preferred way to disable local delivery but deliver
> locally generated daemon's mail to an external email address?

you can use virtual_alias_maps:

[hidden email]      [hidden email]

next time, shows relevant logs and output of 'postconf -n'.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: email firewall/gateway but with root mail

Farkas Levente
In reply to this post by Ralf Hildebrandt
Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:

> * Farkas Levente <[hidden email]>:
>> hi,
>> i've got a mail firewall/gateway and try to follow the instruction in
>> http://www.postfix.org/STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html
>> to disable all local delivery. the only problem with this approach is  
>> that even root's mail are dropped, ie. even if i has a line in  
>> /etc/aliases root:  [hidden email] the locally generated (daemon)
>> mails still dropped by postfix (even the alias are remote).
>
> Show some logs.
>

if i set any of these 3:
mydestination          =
local_recipient_maps   =
local_transport        = error:local mail delivery is disabled
i've got this error:
--------------------------------------------------
May  4 11:22:35 portal postfix/pickup[17768]: 483CEC781B4: uid=0 from=<root>
May  4 11:22:35 portal postfix/cleanup[17805]: 483CEC781B4:
message-id=<[hidden email]>
May  4 11:22:35 portal postfix/qmgr[17767]: 483CEC781B4:
from=<[hidden email]>, size=314, nrcpt=2 (queue active)
May  4 11:22:35 portal postfix/error[17770]: 483CEC781B4:
to=<[hidden email]>, orig_to=<root>, relay=none, delay=0.02,
delays=0.02/0/0/0, dsn=5.0.0, status=bounced (local mail delivery is
disabled)
--------------------------------------------------
if i comment out the above settings then the mail delivered to the
remote server.

--
   Levente                               "Si vis pacem para bellum!"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: email firewall/gateway but with root mail

mouss-2
Farkas Levente wrote:

> Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
>> * Farkas Levente <[hidden email]>:
>>> hi,
>>> i've got a mail firewall/gateway and try to follow the instruction in
>>> http://www.postfix.org/STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html
>>> to disable all local delivery. the only problem with this approach
>>> is  that even root's mail are dropped, ie. even if i has a line in  
>>> /etc/aliases root:  [hidden email] the locally generated
>>> (daemon) mails still dropped by postfix (even the alias are remote).
>>
>> Show some logs.
>>
>
> if i set any of these 3:
> mydestination          =
> local_recipient_maps   =

there is no reason to set local_recipient_maps to an empty value.

> local_transport        = error:local mail delivery is disabled

please show output of 'postconf -n'.

> i've got this error:
> --------------------------------------------------
> May  4 11:22:35 portal postfix/pickup[17768]: 483CEC781B4: uid=0
> from=<root>
> May  4 11:22:35 portal postfix/cleanup[17805]: 483CEC781B4:
> message-id=<[hidden email]>
> May  4 11:22:35 portal postfix/qmgr[17767]: 483CEC781B4:
> from=<[hidden email]>, size=314, nrcpt=2 (queue active)
> May  4 11:22:35 portal postfix/error[17770]: 483CEC781B4:
> to=<[hidden email]>, orig_to=<root>, relay=none, delay=0.02,
> delays=0.02/0/0/0, dsn=5.0.0, status=bounced (local mail delivery is
> disabled)

it looks like portal.bppiac.hu is a local domain.

> --------------------------------------------------
> if i comment out the above settings then the mail delivered to the
> remote server.
>