error message for empty subject

James-368
I added a header check to reject empty subjects.
The error from the server for an empty subject is:
"Server replied: 550 5.7.1 message content rejected"

Can I change it to say "empty subject rejected?

Re: error message for empty subject

Wietse Venema
James:
> I added a header check to reject empty subjects.
> The error from the server for an empty subject is:
> "Server replied: 550 5.7.1 message content rejected"
>
> Can I change it to say "empty subject rejected?

Yes. The REJECT action allows you to specify text.

Re: error message for empty subject

d.hill
On Wed, 20 Aug 2008, James wrote:

> I added a header check to reject empty subjects.
> The error from the server for an empty subject is:
> "Server replied: 550 5.7.1 message content rejected"
>
> Can I change it to say "empty subject rejected?

You should be able to add that into the header check. I.e.:

/^Subject:\s*$/ REJECT empty subject rejected

-d

James wrote:
> I added a header check to reject empty subjects.

"normal" people do send mail without a subject, and I didn't see much
spam without a subject. so I don't think this is an effective anti-spam
measure.

if you really hate empty subjects, you may want to do the check in
spamassassin instead.

> The error from the server for an empty subject is:
> "Server replied: 550 5.7.1 message content rejected"
>
> Can I change it to say "empty subject rejected?

yes.

/^Subject:\s*$/ 550 5.7.1 emtpy subject rejected

On Wed, August 20, 2008 11:41 am, Wietse Venema wrote:

> James:
>
>> I added a header check to reject empty subjects.
>> The error from the server for an empty subject is:
>> "Server replied: 550 5.7.1 message content rejected"
>>

>> Can I change it to say "empty subject rejected?
>>

> Yes. The REJECT action allows you to specify text.
>

> Wietse

Awesome, I should have done more RTFM.
I read part of the docs to enable header_checks. :-)