exclude email account from always_bcc

John Fabiani-2
I have setup
always_bcc = [hidden email]

This is working very well accept I now have a need to keep one account from
doing a bcc.  Is there a way exclude one account from the "always_bcc"?  That
is I have to somehow setup a private email on the system (for the boss).
John Fabiani

Re: exclude email account from always_bcc

Wietse Venema
johnf:
> I have setup
> always_bcc = [hidden email]
>
> This is working very well accept I now have a need to keep one account from
> doing a bcc.  Is there a way exclude one account from the "always_bcc"?  That
> is I have to somehow setup a private email on the system (for the boss).

You will need to use a lookup table: sender_bcc_maps or
recipient_bcc_maps, and specify an expression that matches all but
the special recipient.

Something like this PCRE pattern:

/etc/postfix/main.cf:
    recipient_bcc_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/auto_bcc.pcre
    sender_bcc_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/auto_bcc.pcre

/etc/postfix/auto_bcc.pcre:
    # Match anyone in example.com except [hidden email].
    /^(?!poobah)@example\.com$/    [hidden email]

Re: exclude email account from always_bcc

Victor Duchovni
On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 07:25:08PM -0400, Wietse Venema wrote:

> johnf:
> > I have setup
> > always_bcc = [hidden email]
> >
> > This is working very well accept I now have a need to keep one account from
> > doing a bcc.  Is there a way exclude one account from the "always_bcc"?  That
> > is I have to somehow setup a private email on the system (for the boss).
>
> You will need to use a lookup table: sender_bcc_maps or
> recipient_bcc_maps, and specify an expression that matches all but
> the special recipient.
>
> Something like this PCRE pattern:
>
> /etc/postfix/main.cf:
>     recipient_bcc_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/auto_bcc.pcre
>     sender_bcc_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/auto_bcc.pcre
>
> /etc/postfix/auto_bcc.pcre:
>     # Match anyone in example.com except [hidden email].
>     /^(?!poobah)@example\.com$/    [hidden email]

Except that negative look-ahead matches the empty string (provided it
is not followed by the selected pattern). Using "if ... endif" is easier:

    # Match anyone in example.com except [hidden email].
    if !/^poobah@example\.com$/
    /@example\.com$/ [hidden email]
    endif

If one wants to use negative look-ahead:

    # Match anyone in example.com except [hidden email].
    /^(?!poobah@).*@example\.com$/    [hidden email]

Re: exclude email account from always_bcc - It worked, thanks

Daniel L. Miller
Wietse Venema wrote:

> johnf:
>
>> I have setup
>> always_bcc = [hidden email]
>>
>> This is working very well accept I now have a need to keep one account from
>> doing a bcc.  Is there a way exclude one account from the "always_bcc"?  That
>> is I have to somehow setup a private email on the system (for the boss).
>>

> You will need to use a lookup table: sender_bcc_maps or
> recipient_bcc_maps, and specify an expression that matches all but
> the special recipient.
>
> Something like this PCRE pattern:
>
> /etc/postfix/main.cf:
>     recipient_bcc_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/auto_bcc.pcre
>     sender_bcc_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/auto_bcc.pcre
>
> /etc/postfix/auto_bcc.pcre:
>     # Match anyone in example.com except [hidden email].
>     /^(?!poobah)@example\.com$/    [hidden email]
>
>         Wietse

Victor specifically signs his messages with a request to let him kill
thank you's - I haven't seen such a mail from Wietse yet.  At this time,
I would like to specifically thank both of them for their complete
answers - including taking the trouble to not only write , but even
syntax check their regular expression examples for novices like myself.

Of course, the "it worked" might be premature, since I didn't start this
thread ;-)
Daniel

On Wednesday 02 July 2008 04:25:08 pm Wietse Venema wrote:

> johnf:
> > I have setup
> > always_bcc = [hidden email]
> >
> > This is working very well accept I now have a need to keep one account
> > from doing a bcc.  Is there a way exclude one account from the
> > "always_bcc"?  That is I have to somehow setup a private email on the
> > system (for the boss).
>
> You will need to use a lookup table: sender_bcc_maps or
> recipient_bcc_maps, and specify an expression that matches all but
> the special recipient.
>
> Something like this PCRE pattern:
>
> /etc/postfix/main.cf:
>     recipient_bcc_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/auto_bcc.pcre
>     sender_bcc_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/auto_bcc.pcre
>
> /etc/postfix/auto_bcc.pcre:
>     # Match anyone in example.com except [hidden email].
>     /^(?!poobah)@example\.com$/    [hidden email]
>
>         Wietse

Thanks I'll attempt to follow your instructions.

John Fabiani

On Wednesday 02 July 2008 09:32:38 pm johnf wrote:

> On Wednesday 02 July 2008 04:25:08 pm Wietse Venema wrote:
> > johnf:
> > > I have setup
> > > always_bcc = [hidden email]
> > >
> > > This is working very well accept I now have a need to keep one account
> > > from doing a bcc.  Is there a way exclude one account from the
> > > "always_bcc"?  That is I have to somehow setup a private email on the
> > > system (for the boss).
> >
> > You will need to use a lookup table: sender_bcc_maps or
> > recipient_bcc_maps, and specify an expression that matches all but
> > the special recipient.
> >
> > Something like this PCRE pattern:
> >
> > /etc/postfix/main.cf:
> >     recipient_bcc_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/auto_bcc.pcre
> >     sender_bcc_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/auto_bcc.pcre
> >
> > /etc/postfix/auto_bcc.pcre:
> >     # Match anyone in example.com except [hidden email].
> >     /^(?!poobah)@example\.com$/    [hidden email]
> >
> >         Wietse
>
> Thanks I'll attempt to follow your instructions.

Still having trouble with the above instructions.  Am I suppose to comment out
the "always_bcc".  And if so will I still get a copy of every email sent?
Also does the order I place the setting matter?  I ask because I'm not
elimitating the one email address from the bcc.

John Fabiani

Re: exclude email account from always_bcc

Noel Jones-2
johnf wrote:

> On Wednesday 02 July 2008 09:32:38 pm johnf wrote:
>> On Wednesday 02 July 2008 04:25:08 pm Wietse Venema wrote:
>>> johnf:

>>> You will need to use a lookup table: sender_bcc_maps or
>>> recipient_bcc_maps, and specify an expression that matches all but
>>> the special recipient.
>>>
>>> Something like this PCRE pattern:
>>>
>>> /etc/postfix/main.cf:
>>>     recipient_bcc_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/auto_bcc.pcre
>>>     sender_bcc_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/auto_bcc.pcre
>>>
>>> /etc/postfix/auto_bcc.pcre:
>>>     # Match anyone in example.com except [hidden email].
>>>     /^(?!poobah)@example\.com$/    [hidden email]
>>>
>>>         Wietse
>> Thanks I'll attempt to follow your instructions.
>
> Still having trouble with the above instructions.  Am I suppose to comment out
> the "always_bcc".  And if so will I still get a copy of every email sent?
> Also does the order I place the setting matter?  I ask because I'm not
> elimitating the one email address from the bcc.

Remove always_bcc from your config and add the sender_bcc_maps
and recipient_bcc_maps lines to your main.cf as shown above.
The order of those two lines in main.cf does not matter.

Create a separate file named auto_bcc.pcre in the postfix
directory containing your version of the example expression.
(or name it whatever you want, but the name must match what
you specify in main.cf.)

Then run "postfix reload" so postfix will notice the changes.

Noel Jones

On Tuesday 22 July 2008 08:09:42 am Noel Jones wrote:

> >> Thanks I'll attempt to follow your instructions.
> >
> > Still having trouble with the above instructions.  Am I suppose to
> > comment out the "always_bcc".  And if so will I still get a copy of every
> > email sent? Also does the order I place the setting matter?  I ask
> > because I'm not elimitating the one email address from the bcc.
>
> Remove always_bcc from your config and add the sender_bcc_maps
> and recipient_bcc_maps lines to your main.cf as shown above.
> The order of those two lines in main.cf does not matter.
>
> Create a separate file named auto_bcc.pcre in the postfix
> directory containing your version of the example expression.
> (or name it whatever you want, but the name must match what
> you specify in main.cf.)
>
> Then run "postfix reload" so postfix will notice the changes.

I'm still doing something wrong because it's not working for me.  Only one
other thing all mail delivered to [hidden email] is forward to
[hidden email]

below is my auto_bcc.pcre file:

#Match anyone in bonanzaseeds.com except [hidden email]
/^(?!carlos)@bonanzaseeds\.com$/ [hidden email]

below is the output from postconf

2bounce_notice_recipient = postmaster
access_map_reject_code = 554
address_verify_default_transport = $default_transport
address_verify_local_transport = $local_transport
address_verify_map =
address_verify_negative_cache = yes
address_verify_negative_expire_time = 3d
address_verify_negative_refresh_time = 3h
address_verify_poll_count = 3
address_verify_poll_delay = 3s
address_verify_positive_expire_time = 31d
address_verify_positive_refresh_time = 7d
address_verify_relay_transport = $relay_transport
address_verify_relayhost = $relayhost
address_verify_sender = postmaster
address_verify_service_name = verify
address_verify_transport_maps = $transport_maps
address_verify_virtual_transport = $virtual_transport
alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
allow_mail_to_commands = alias, forward
allow_mail_to_files = alias, forward
allow_min_user = no
allow_percent_hack = yes
allow_untrusted_routing = no
alternate_config_directories =
always_bcc =
anvil_rate_time_unit = 60s
anvil_status_update_time = 600s
append_at_myorigin = yes
append_dot_mydomain = yes
application_event_drain_time = 100s
authorized_flush_users = static:anyone
authorized_mailq_users = static:anyone
authorized_submit_users = static:anyone
backwards_bounce_logfile_compatibility = yes
berkeley_db_create_buffer_size = 16777216
berkeley_db_read_buffer_size = 131072
best_mx_transport =
biff = no
body_checks =
body_checks_size_limit = 51200
bounce_notice_recipient = postmaster
bounce_queue_lifetime = 5d
bounce_service_name = bounce
bounce_size_limit = 50000
broken_sasl_auth_clients = no
canonical_classes = envelope_sender, envelope_recipient, header_sender,
header_recipient
canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/canonical
cleanup_service_name = cleanup
command_directory = /usr/sbin
command_execution_directory =
command_expansion_filter =
1234567890!@%-_=+:,./abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
command_time_limit = 1000s
config_directory = /etc/postfix
connection_cache_service = scache
connection_cache_status_update_time = 600s
connection_cache_ttl_limit = 2s
content_filter =
daemon_directory = /usr/lib/postfix
daemon_timeout = 18000s
debug_peer_level = 2
debug_peer_list =
default_database_type = hash
default_delivery_slot_cost = 5
default_delivery_slot_discount = 50
default_delivery_slot_loan = 3
default_destination_recipient_limit = 50
default_extra_recipient_limit = 1000
default_minimum_delivery_slots = 3
default_privs = nobody
default_process_limit = 100
default_rbl_reply = $rbl_code Service unavailable; $rbl_class [$rbl_what]
blocked using $rbl_domain${rbl_reason?; $rbl_reason}
default_recipient_limit = 10000
default_transport = smtp
default_verp_delimiters = +=
defer_code = 450
defer_service_name = defer
defer_transports =
delay_notice_recipient = postmaster
delay_warning_time = 0h
deliver_lock_attempts = 20
deliver_lock_delay = 1s
disable_dns_lookups = no
disable_mime_input_processing = no
disable_mime_output_conversion = no
disable_verp_bounces = no
disable_vrfy_command = no
dont_remove = 0
double_bounce_sender = double-bounce
duplicate_filter_limit = 1000
empty_address_recipient = MAILER-DAEMON
enable_original_recipient = yes
error_notice_recipient = postmaster
error_service_name = error
execution_directory_expansion_filter =
1234567890!@%-_=+:,./abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
expand_owner_alias = no
export_environment = TZ MAIL_CONFIG
fallback_relay =
fallback_transport =
fast_flush_domains = $relay_domains
fast_flush_purge_time = 7d
fast_flush_refresh_time = 12h
fault_injection_code = 0
flush_service_name = flush
fork_attempts = 5
fork_delay = 1s
forward_expansion_filter =
1234567890!@%-_=+:,./abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
forward_path = $home/.forward${recipient_delimiter}${extension},
$home/.forward
hash_queue_depth = 1
hash_queue_names = deferred, defer
header_address_token_limit = 10240
header_checks =
header_size_limit = 102400
helpful_warnings = yes
home_mailbox =
hopcount_limit = 50
html_directory = /usr/share/doc/packages/postfix/html
ignore_mx_lookup_error = no
import_environment = MAIL_CONFIG MAIL_DEBUG MAIL_LOGTAG TZ XAUTHORITY DISPLAY
in_flow_delay = 1s
inet_interfaces = localhost
inet_protocols = all
initial_destination_concurrency = 5
invalid_hostname_reject_code = 501
ipc_idle = 100s
ipc_timeout = 3600s
ipc_ttl = 1000s
line_length_limit = 2048
lmtp_cache_connection = yes
lmtp_connect_timeout = 0s
lmtp_data_done_timeout = 600s
lmtp_data_init_timeout = 120s
lmtp_data_xfer_timeout = 180s
lmtp_destination_concurrency_limit = $default_destination_concurrency_limit
lmtp_destination_recipient_limit = $default_destination_recipient_limit
lmtp_lhlo_timeout = 300s
lmtp_mail_timeout = 300s
lmtp_quit_timeout = 300s
lmtp_rcpt_timeout = 300s
lmtp_rset_timeout = 20s
lmtp_sasl_auth_enable = no
lmtp_sasl_password_maps =
lmtp_sasl_security_options = noplaintext, noanonymous
lmtp_send_xforward_command = no
lmtp_skip_quit_response = no
lmtp_tcp_port = 24
lmtp_xforward_timeout = 300s
local_command_shell =
local_destination_concurrency_limit = 2
local_destination_recipient_limit = 1
local_header_rewrite_clients = permit_inet_interfaces
local_recipient_maps = proxy:unix:passwd.byname $alias_maps
local_transport = local:$myhostname
luser_relay =
mail_name = Postfix
mail_owner = postfix
mail_release_date = 20060221
mail_spool_directory = /var/mail
mail_version = 2.2.9
mailbox_command =
mailbox_command_maps =
mailbox_delivery_lock = fcntl, dotlock
mailbox_size_limit = 0
mailbox_transport =
mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq
manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
maps_rbl_domains =
maps_rbl_reject_code = 554
masquerade_classes = envelope_sender, header_sender, header_recipient
masquerade_domains =
masquerade_exceptions = root
max_idle = 100s
max_use = 100
maximal_backoff_time = 4000s
maximal_queue_lifetime = 5d
message_size_limit = 10240000
mime_boundary_length_limit = 2048
mime_header_checks = $header_checks
mime_nesting_limit = 100
minimal_backoff_time = 1000s
multi_recipient_bounce_reject_code = 550
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain
mydomain = bonanzaseeds.com
myhostname = linux-bonanza.bonanzaseeds.com
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 [::1]/128
mynetworks_style = subnet
myorigin = $myhostname
nested_header_checks = $header_checks
newaliases_path = /usr/bin/newaliases
non_fqdn_reject_code = 504
notify_classes = resource, software
owner_request_special = yes
parent_domain_matches_subdomains =
debug_peer_list,fast_flush_domains,mynetworks,permit_mx_backup_networks,qmqpd_authorized_clients,relay_domains,smtpd_access_maps
permit_mx_backup_networks =
pickup_service_name = pickup
prepend_delivered_header = command, file, forward
process_id_directory = pid
propagate_unmatched_extensions = canonical, virtual
proxy_interfaces =
proxy_read_maps = $local_recipient_maps $mydestination $virtual_alias_maps
$virtual_alias_domains $virtual_mailbox_maps $virtual_mailbox_domains
$relay_recipient_maps $relay_domains $canonical_maps $sender_canonical_maps
$recipient_canonical_maps $relocated_maps $transport_maps $mynetworks
qmgr_clog_warn_time = 300s
qmgr_fudge_factor = 100
qmgr_message_active_limit = 20000
qmgr_message_recipient_limit = 20000
qmgr_message_recipient_minimum = 10
qmqpd_authorized_clients =
qmqpd_error_delay = 1s
qmqpd_timeout = 300s
queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
queue_file_attribute_count_limit = 100
queue_minfree = 0
queue_run_delay = 1000s
queue_service_name = qmgr
rbl_reply_maps =
readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/packages/postfix/README_FILES
receive_override_options =
recipient_bcc_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/auto_bcc.pcre
recipient_canonical_classes = envelope_recipient, header_recipient
recipient_canonical_maps =
recipient_delimiter =
reject_code = 554
relay_clientcerts =
relay_destination_concurrency_limit = $default_destination_concurrency_limit
relay_destination_recipient_limit = $default_destination_recipient_limit
relay_domains = $mydestination
relay_domains_reject_code = 554
relay_recipient_maps =
relay_transport = relay
relayhost =
relocated_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relocated
remote_header_rewrite_domain =
require_home_directory = no
resolve_dequoted_address = yes
resolve_null_domain = no
rewrite_service_name = rewrite
sample_directory = /usr/share/doc/packages/postfix/samples
sender_based_routing = no
sender_bcc_maps = pcre:/etc/postfix/auto_bcc.pcre
sender_canonical_classes = envelope_sender, header_sender
sender_canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sender_canonical
sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail
service_throttle_time = 60s
setgid_group = maildrop
show_user_unknown_table_name = yes
showq_service_name = showq
smtp_always_send_ehlo = yes
smtp_bind_address =
smtp_bind_address6 =
smtp_cname_overrides_servername = yes
smtp_connect_timeout = 30s
smtp_connection_cache_destinations =
smtp_connection_cache_on_demand = yes
smtp_connection_cache_reuse_limit = 10
smtp_connection_cache_time_limit = 2s
smtp_data_done_timeout = 600s
smtp_data_init_timeout = 120s
smtp_data_xfer_timeout = 180s
smtp_defer_if_no_mx_address_found = no
smtp_destination_concurrency_limit = $default_destination_concurrency_limit
smtp_destination_recipient_limit = $default_destination_recipient_limit
smtp_discard_ehlo_keyword_address_maps =
smtp_discard_ehlo_keywords =
smtp_enforce_tls = no
smtp_generic_maps =
smtp_helo_name = $myhostname
smtp_helo_timeout = 300s
smtp_host_lookup = dns
smtp_line_length_limit = 990
smtp_mail_timeout = 300s
smtp_mx_address_limit = 0
smtp_mx_session_limit = 2
smtp_never_send_ehlo = no
smtp_pix_workaround_delay_time = 10s
smtp_pix_workaround_threshold_time = 500s
smtp_quit_timeout = 300s
smtp_quote_rfc821_envelope = yes
smtp_randomize_addresses = yes
smtp_rcpt_timeout = 300s
smtp_rset_timeout = 20s
smtp_sasl_auth_enable = no
smtp_sasl_mechanism_filter =
smtp_sasl_password_maps =
smtp_sasl_security_options = noplaintext, noanonymous
smtp_sasl_tls_security_options = $var_smtp_sasl_opts
smtp_send_xforward_command = no
smtp_skip_5xx_greeting = yes
smtp_skip_quit_response = yes
smtp_starttls_timeout = 300s
smtp_tls_CAfile =
smtp_tls_CApath =
smtp_tls_cert_file =
smtp_tls_cipherlist =
smtp_tls_dcert_file =
smtp_tls_dkey_file = $smtp_tls_dcert_file
smtp_tls_enforce_peername = yes
smtp_tls_key_file = $smtp_tls_cert_file
smtp_tls_loglevel = 0
smtp_tls_note_starttls_offer = no
smtp_tls_per_site =
smtp_tls_scert_verifydepth = 5
smtp_tls_session_cache_database =
smtp_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
smtp_use_tls = no
smtp_xforward_timeout = 300s
smtpd_authorized_verp_clients = $authorized_verp_clients
smtpd_authorized_xclient_hosts =
smtpd_authorized_xforward_hosts =
smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name
smtpd_client_connection_count_limit = 50
smtpd_client_connection_rate_limit = 0
smtpd_client_event_limit_exceptions =
${smtpd_client_connection_limit_exceptions:$mynetworks}
smtpd_client_message_rate_limit = 0
smtpd_client_recipient_rate_limit = 0
smtpd_client_restrictions =
smtpd_data_restrictions =
smtpd_delay_reject = yes
smtpd_discard_ehlo_keyword_address_maps =
smtpd_discard_ehlo_keywords =
smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions =
smtpd_enforce_tls = no
smtpd_error_sleep_time = 1s
smtpd_etrn_restrictions =
smtpd_expansion_filter =
\t\40!"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~
smtpd_forbidden_commands = CONNECT GET POST
smtpd_hard_error_limit = 20
smtpd_helo_required = no
smtpd_helo_restrictions =
smtpd_history_flush_threshold = 100
smtpd_junk_command_limit = 100
smtpd_noop_commands =
smtpd_null_access_lookup_key = <>
smtpd_policy_service_max_idle = 300s
smtpd_policy_service_max_ttl = 1000s
smtpd_policy_service_timeout = 100s
smtpd_proxy_ehlo = $myhostname
smtpd_proxy_filter =
smtpd_proxy_timeout = 100s
smtpd_recipient_limit = 1000
smtpd_recipient_overshoot_limit = 1000
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks,reject_unauth_destination
smtpd_reject_unlisted_recipient = yes
smtpd_reject_unlisted_sender = no
smtpd_restriction_classes =
smtpd_sasl_application_name = smtpd
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = no
smtpd_sasl_exceptions_networks =
smtpd_sasl_local_domain =
smtpd_sasl_tls_security_options = $smtpd_sasl_security_options
smtpd_sender_login_maps =
smtpd_sender_restrictions = hash:/etc/postfix/access
smtpd_soft_error_limit = 10
smtpd_starttls_timeout = 300s
smtpd_timeout = 300s
smtpd_tls_CAfile =
smtpd_tls_CApath =
smtpd_tls_ask_ccert = no
smtpd_tls_auth_only = no
smtpd_tls_ccert_verifydepth = 5
smtpd_tls_cert_file =
smtpd_tls_cipherlist =
smtpd_tls_dcert_file =
smtpd_tls_dh1024_param_file =
smtpd_tls_dh512_param_file =
smtpd_tls_dkey_file = $smtpd_tls_dcert_file
smtpd_tls_key_file = $smtpd_tls_cert_file
smtpd_tls_loglevel = 0
smtpd_tls_received_header = no
smtpd_tls_req_ccert = no
smtpd_tls_session_cache_database =
smtpd_tls_session_cache_timeout = 3600s
smtpd_tls_wrappermode = no
smtpd_use_tls = no
soft_bounce = no
stale_lock_time = 500s
strict_7bit_headers = no
strict_8bitmime = no
strict_8bitmime_body = no
strict_mime_encoding_domain = no
strict_rfc821_envelopes = no
sun_mailtool_compatibility = no
swap_bangpath = yes
syslog_facility = mail
syslog_name = postfix
tls_daemon_random_bytes = 32
tls_random_bytes = 32
tls_random_exchange_name = ${config_directory}/prng_exch
tls_random_prng_update_period = 3600s
tls_random_reseed_period = 3600s
tls_random_source = dev:/dev/urandom
trace_service_name = trace
transport_retry_time = 60s
trigger_timeout = 10s
undisclosed_recipients_header = To: undisclosed-recipients:;
unknown_address_reject_code = 450
unknown_client_reject_code = 450
unknown_hostname_reject_code = 450
unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 550
unknown_relay_recipient_reject_code = 550
unknown_virtual_alias_reject_code = 550
unknown_virtual_mailbox_reject_code = 550
unverified_recipient_reject_code = 450
unverified_sender_reject_code = 450
verp_delimiter_filter = -=+
virtual_alias_domains = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual
virtual_alias_expansion_limit = 1000
virtual_alias_recursion_limit = 1000
virtual_destination_concurrency_limit = $default_destination_concurrency_limit
virtual_destination_recipient_limit = $default_destination_recipient_limit
virtual_gid_maps =
virtual_mailbox_base =
virtual_mailbox_domains = $virtual_mailbox_maps
virtual_mailbox_limit = 51200000
virtual_mailbox_lock = fcntl
virtual_mailbox_maps =
virtual_minimum_uid = 100
virtual_transport = virtual
virtual_uid_maps =

John Fabiani

johnf wrote:

>>> Still having trouble with the above instructions.  Am I suppose to
>>> comment out the "always_bcc".  And if so will I still get a copy of every
>>> email sent? Also does the order I place the setting matter?  I ask
>>> because I'm not elimitating the one email address from the bcc.
>> Remove always_bcc from your config and add the sender_bcc_maps
>> and recipient_bcc_maps lines to your main.cf as shown above.
>> The order of those two lines in main.cf does not matter.
>>
>> Create a separate file named auto_bcc.pcre in the postfix
>> directory containing your version of the example expression.
>> (or name it whatever you want, but the name must match what
>> you specify in main.cf.)
>>
>> Then run "postfix reload" so postfix will notice the changes.
>
> I'm still doing something wrong because it's not working for me.  Only one
> other thing all mail delivered to [hidden email] is forward to
> [hidden email]
>
> below is my auto_bcc.pcre file:
>
> #Match anyone in bonanzaseeds.com except [hidden email]
> /^(?!carlos)@bonanzaseeds\.com$/ [hidden email]

That expression is slightly borked.

Use this in your pcre file instead:
# match anyone in bonanzaseeds except carlos.
if !/^carlos@bonanzaseeds\.com$/