fatal: execvp....

Bahram Paiani
Postfix produces the following eror when sending E-mail to a program piped
in the alais file; The program is listserv smtp interface. The folowing is
the error that I receive in my maillog. Thanks!

Bahram

Re: fatal: execvp....

Victor Duchovni
On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 11:32:38AM -0500, Bahram Paiani wrote:

> Postfix produces the following eror when sending E-mail to a program piped
> in the alais file; The program is listserv smtp interface. The folowing is
> the error that I receive in my maillog. Thanks!

Don't blame the messenger. The Postfix local(8) daemon is trying to run
the program you asked it to run, and the O/S is not allowing it to.

The following may be helpful:

        http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#default_privs

don't change this parameter, but knowing what it is is a good idea.

Re: fatal: execvp....

Bahram Paiani
The intention is to hand over the message to the listserv smtp mail
interface. This is my alais file:

listserv: "|/usr/local/bin/lsv_amin /home/listserv/spool listserv"
owner-listserv: "|/usr/local/bin/lsv_amin /home/listserv/spool
owner-listserv"

I am switching to postfix from sendmail. I did not have any issues with
sendmail with the same setup. So how mailing list is done with postfix?

Thanks,

Bharam
On Wed, 2 Jul 2008, Victor Duchovni wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 11:32:38AM -0500, Bahram Paiani wrote:
>
> > Postfix produces the following eror when sending E-mail to a program piped
> > in the alais file; The program is listserv smtp interface. The folowing is
> > the error that I receive in my maillog. Thanks!

> Don't blame the messenger. The Postfix local(8) daemon is trying to run
> the program you asked it to run, and the O/S is not allowing it to.
>
> The following may be helpful:
>
> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#default_privs
>
> don't change this parameter, but knowing what it is is a good idea.

Re: fatal: execvp....

Wietse Venema
Bahram Paiani:

Have you looked at the lsv_amin file permissions?

Have you looked at the #! line (if lsv_amin is a script)?

Have you looked at Apparmor, Selinux, or some other add-on
that breaks standard UNIX file permission rules?

Re: fatal: execvp....

João Reis-2
what permissions does lsv_amin have? Maybe user postfix can't run it.

On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 08:45 -0500, Bahram Paiani wrote:

> The intention is to hand over the message to the listserv smtp mail
> interface. This is my alais file:
>
> listserv: "|/usr/local/bin/lsv_amin /home/listserv/spool listserv"
> owner-listserv: "|/usr/local/bin/lsv_amin /home/listserv/spool
> owner-listserv"
>
> I am switching to postfix from sendmail. I did not have any issues with
> sendmail with the same setup. So how mailing list is done with postfix?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bharam
> On Wed, 2 Jul 2008, Victor Duchovni wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 11:32:38AM -0500, Bahram Paiani wrote:
> >
> > > Postfix produces the following eror when sending E-mail to a program piped
> > > in the alais file; The program is listserv smtp interface. The folowing is
> > > the error that I receive in my maillog. Thanks!

> > Don't blame the messenger. The Postfix local(8) daemon is trying to run
> > the program you asked it to run, and the O/S is not allowing it to.
> >
> > The following may be helpful:
> >
> > http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#default_privs
> >
> > don't change this parameter, but knowing what it is is a good idea.

Re: fatal: execvp....

Bahram Paiani
Thanks Wietse for pointing to the right direction. It was SELinux issue.

Thanks again,

Bahr4am