fatal: no login name found for user ID

OxY-2
hi!

i have the following problem:
my apache vhost users are virtual and only got UID (10000...10500)
when a vhost tries to send a mail via php mail() postfix says:
fatal: no login name found for user ID
is there any solution? it's ok for me to disable that check in postfix
and every non existent user could send message from localhost..
or should is rewrite the sender (i prefer the first one, if it's possible)
if the rewrite is the only solution how can i do that?

thanks for your help, all!
                                     Csaba Banhalmi

Re: fatal: no login name found for user ID

Wietse Venema
oxy:
> hi!
>
> i have the following problem:
> my apache vhost users are virtual and only got UID (10000...10500)
> when a vhost tries to send a mail via php mail() postfix says:
> fatal: no login name found for user ID
> is there any solution?

Specify the sender address on the command line with:

/usr/sbin/sendmail -f [hidden email] recipient...

        Wietse

> it's ok for me to disable that check in postfix
> and every non existent user could send message from localhost..
> or should is rewrite the sender (i prefer the first one, if it's possible)
> if the rewrite is the only solution how can i do that?
>
> thanks for your help, all!
>                                      Csaba Banhalmi

Re: fatal: no login name found for user ID

OxY-2
i think it's not possible..
the mails are going out from ~500 vhosts with different UID-s with php
mail(),
different CMS systems..
how can i use this command to override _every_ [hidden email]?
(sorry if i misunderstand you)

Wietse Venema írta:

> oxy:
>
>> hi!
>>
>> i have the following problem:
>> my apache vhost users are virtual and only got UID (10000...10500)
>> when a vhost tries to send a mail via php mail() postfix says:
>> fatal: no login name found for user ID
>> is there any solution?
>>

> Specify the sender address on the command line with:
>
> /usr/sbin/sendmail -f [hidden email] recipient...
>
> Wietse
>

>> it's ok for me to disable that check in postfix
>> and every non existent user could send message from localhost..
>> or should is rewrite the sender (i prefer the first one, if it's possible)
>> if the rewrite is the only solution how can i do that?
>>
>> thanks for your help, all!
>>                                      Csaba Banhalmi

Re: fatal: no login name found for user ID

Wietse Venema
oxy:
> i think it's not possible..
> the mails are going out from ~500 vhosts with different UID-s with php
> mail(),
> different CMS systems..
> how can i use this command to override _every_ [hidden email]?
> (sorry if i misunderstand you)

To send email you MUST provide a valid sender email address.

        Wietse

> Wietse Venema ?rta:
> > oxy:
> >
> >> hi!
> >>
> >> i have the following problem:
> >> my apache vhost users are virtual and only got UID (10000...10500)
> >> when a vhost tries to send a mail via php mail() postfix says:
> >> fatal: no login name found for user ID
> >> is there any solution?
> >>

> > Specify the sender address on the command line with:
> >
> > /usr/sbin/sendmail -f [hidden email] recipient...
> >
> > Wietse
> >

> >> it's ok for me to disable that check in postfix
> >> and every non existent user could send message from localhost..
> >> or should is rewrite the sender (i prefer the first one, if it's possible)
> >> if the rewrite is the only solution how can i do that?
> >>
> >> thanks for your help, all!
> >>                                      Csaba Banhalmi

Re: fatal: no login name found for user ID

OxY-2
so is there any way to rewrite every ~500 uid-s to for example
[hidden email]?

Wietse Venema írta:

> oxy:
>
>> i think it's not possible..
>> the mails are going out from ~500 vhosts with different UID-s with php
>> mail(),
>> different CMS systems..
>> how can i use this command to override _every_ [hidden email]?
>> (sorry if i misunderstand you)
>>

> To send email you MUST provide a valid sender email address.
>
> Wietse
>

>> Wietse Venema ?rta:
>>
>>> oxy:

>>> Specify the sender address on the command line with:
>>>
>>> /usr/sbin/sendmail -f [hidden email] recipient...
>>>
>>> Wietse

Re: fatal: no login name found for user ID

Wietse Venema
oxy:
> hi!
>
> i have the following problem:
> my apache vhost users are virtual and only got UID (10000...10500)
> when a vhost tries to send a mail via php mail() postfix says:
> fatal: no login name found for user ID
> is there any solution?

Wietse:
> Specify the sender address on the command line with:
> /usr/sbin/sendmail -f [hidden email] recipient...

oxy:
> i think it's not possible..
> the mails are going out from ~500 vhosts with different UID-s with php
> mail(),
> different CMS systems..
> how can i use this command to override _every_ [hidden email]?
> (sorry if i misunderstand you)

Wietse:
> To send email you MUST provide a valid sender email address.

oxy:
> so is there any way to rewrite every ~500 uid-s to for example
> [hidden email]?

To specify the "/usr/sbin/sendmail -f [hidden email]...",
use php.ini, or use ini_set(parametername, parametervalue).

Re: fatal: no login name found for user ID

OxY-2
thank you, it seems like a good idea :)
can you tell me what parameters should i add to sendmail?
"/usr/sbin/sendmail -f [hidden email]"
was not enough

Wietse Venema írta:

> oxy:
>
>> hi!
>>
>> i have the following problem:
>> my apache vhost users are virtual and only got UID (10000...10500)
>> when a vhost tries to send a mail via php mail() postfix says:
>> fatal: no login name found for user ID
>> is there any solution?
>>

> Wietse:
>
>> Specify the sender address on the command line with:
>> /usr/sbin/sendmail -f [hidden email] recipient...
>>

> oxy:
>
>> i think it's not possible..
>> the mails are going out from ~500 vhosts with different UID-s with php
>> mail(),
>> different CMS systems..
>> how can i use this command to override _every_ [hidden email]?
>> (sorry if i misunderstand you)
>>

> Wietse:
>
>> To send email you MUST provide a valid sender email address.
>>

> oxy:
>
>> so is there any way to rewrite every ~500 uid-s to for example
>> [hidden email]?
>>

> To specify the "/usr/sbin/sendmail -f [hidden email]...",
> use php.ini, or use ini_set(parametername, parametervalue).
>
> Wietse

Re: fatal: no login name found for user ID

Victor Duchovni
On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 05:50:54PM +0200, oxy wrote:

> thank you, it seems like a good idea :)
> can you tell me what parameters should i add to sendmail?
> "/usr/sbin/sendmail -f [hidden email]"
> was not enough

The right solution is to assign to each valid uid a entry in the
appropriate passwd file as part of the provisioning process for such uids.

Re: fatal: no login name found for user ID

OxY-2
thanks for everybody,
sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail -f [hidden email] -t -i
solved my problem!
cheers!

Victor Duchovni írta:

> On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 05:50:54PM +0200, oxy wrote:
>

>> thank you, it seems like a good idea :)
>> can you tell me what parameters should i add to sendmail?
>> "/usr/sbin/sendmail -f [hidden email]"
>> was not enough
>>

> The right solution is to assign to each valid uid a entry in the
> appropriate passwd file as part of the provisioning process for such uids.

Re: fatal: no login name found for user ID

oxy:
> my apache vhost users are virtual and only got UID (10000...10500)
> when a vhost tries to send a mail via php mail() postfix says:
> fatal: no login name found for user ID
> is there any solution?

Wietse:
> Specify the sender address on the command line with:
> /usr/sbin/sendmail -f [hidden email] recipient...

oxy:
> i think it's not possible..
> the mails are going out from ~500 vhosts with different UID-s with php
> mail(),
> different CMS systems..
> how can i use this command to override _every_ [hidden email]?
> (sorry if i misunderstand you)

Wietse:
> To send email you MUST provide a valid sender email address.

oxy:
> so is there any way to rewrite every ~500 uid-s to for example
> [hidden email]?

Wietse Venema ?rta:
> To specify the "/usr/sbin/sendmail -f [hidden email]...",
> use php.ini, or use ini_set(parametername, parametervalue).

oxy:
> thank you, it seems like a good idea :)
> can you tell me what parameters should i add to sendmail?
> "/usr/sbin/sendmail -f [hidden email]"
> was not enough

In php.ini:
    sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i -f [hidden email]

According to PHP documentation, the parameter may also be set via
httpd.conf.

http://us3.php.net/manual/en/mail.configuration.php
http://us3.php.net/manual/en/ini.php

Re: fatal: no login name found for user ID

OxY-2
thank you for all your help!