feedback about reject_non_fqdn_sender restriction...

feedback about reject_non_fqdn_sender restriction...

PeterDaem
Hi,

i was wondering to what extent is it a good idea to use to use the sender restriction "reject_non_fqdn_sender" to block some spam...

is anyone using it? any feedback, please?

what would happen with mails from <> ??

Thanks in advance,

-------
Pedro

Re: feedback about reject_non_fqdn_sender restriction...

Noel Jones-2
On 11/22/2016 4:22 AM, Pedro David Marco wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i was wondering to what extent is it a good idea to use to use the
> sender restriction "reject_non_fqdn_sender" to block some spam...

I use this rule.  It rarely blocks any spam, but seems quite safe in
that it never blocks legit mail.  YMMV.

> what would happen with mails from <> ??

The null sender is considered fully-qualified and not rejected by
this rule.

Re: feedback about reject_non_fqdn_sender restriction...

PeterDaem
Great...  Thanks+=10 Noel!!

-----
Pedro

On 11/22/2016 4:22 AM, Pedro David Marco wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i was wondering to what extent is it a good idea to use to use the
> sender restriction "reject_non_fqdn_sender" to block some spam...

I use this rule.  It rarely blocks any spam, but seems quite safe in
that it never blocks legit mail.  YMMV.

> what would happen with mails from <> ??

The null sender is considered fully-qualified and not rejected by
this rule.

  -- Noel Jones