giving more resources to procmail/crm

Jason Welsh
I have 2.5.5 installed on my postfix server at home.. and postfix delivers to procmail on my system
mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail

and then my procmail then calls CRM114 for spam processing.. but more often than not, procmail fails with
procmail: Program failure (-25) of "/usr/bin/crm"

which I know means that procmail failed to run the command because of processing limits memory/disk/whatever..

I have jacked up what I *thought* would fix it
message_size_limit = 60240000
mailbox_size_limit = 61240000
but it still fails. Does anyone know if these are the right values to be playing with?

regards,
Jason

Re: giving more resources to procmail/crm

Victor Duchovni
On Fri, Jan 02, 2009 at 01:28:23PM -0500, [hidden email] wrote:

> I have 2.5.5 installed on my postfix server at home.. and postfix delivers to procmail on my system
> mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail
>
> and then my procmail then calls CRM114 for spam processing.. but more often than not, procmail fails with
> procmail: Program failure (-25) of "/usr/bin/crm"
>
> which I know means that procmail failed to run the command because of processing limits memory/disk/whatever..
>
> I have jacked up what I *thought* would fix it
> message_size_limit = 60240000
> mailbox_size_limit = 61240000
> but it still fails. Does anyone know if these are the right values to be playing with?

The mailbox_size_limit is the most likely problem. Programs launched
from delivery agents cannot write to files that are larger than the
message_size_limit, this includes any Berkeley-DB or other "database"
files, ...