has yahoo mailservers problems ?

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
23 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

has yahoo mailservers problems ?

Robert Schetterer
Hi @ll,
double checked this on different mailservers
on different nets , at current i cant deliver out mail to yahoo.de/com
anyone else notices same problems?

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: has yahoo mailservers problems ?

Jerry-124
On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:09:16 +0100
Robert Schetterer <[hidden email]> wrote:

>double checked this on different mailservers
>on different nets , at current i cant deliver out mail to yahoo.de/com
>anyone else notices same problems?

Lacking a functioning crystal ball, debugging your problem sans
mail logs, etc, is going to be quite difficult. Perhaps you might
consider including them, along with the output of 'postconf -n' and any
other pertinent information regarding this phenomena you are
experiencing.

--
Gerard
[hidden email]

TO REPORT A PROBLEM see http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail
TO (UN)SUBSCRIBE see http://www.postfix.org/lists.html

Horse sense is the thing a horse has which keeps it from betting on
people. -- W.C. Fields

signature.asc (202 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: has yahoo mailservers problems ?

Robert Schetterer
Gerard schrieb:

> On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:09:16 +0100
> Robert Schetterer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> double checked this on different mailservers
>> on different nets , at current i cant deliver out mail to yahoo.de/com
>> anyone else notices same problems?
>
> Lacking a functioning crystal ball, debugging your problem sans
> mail logs, etc, is going to be quite difficult. Perhaps you might
> consider including them, along with the output of 'postconf -n' and any
> other pertinent information regarding this phenomena you are
> experiencing.
>
nonsense, simply look at your queue
on all my mailservers yahoo mailservers give
451 at the moment or equal
i only want to know if its the same anywhere
but i allready checked this with other postmasters
its the the same elsewhere, so kick your crystal ball to the moon
--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: has yahoo mailservers problems ?

mouss-2
Robert Schetterer wrote:

> Gerard schrieb:
>> On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:09:16 +0100
>> Robert Schetterer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> double checked this on different mailservers
>>> on different nets , at current i cant deliver out mail to yahoo.de/com
>>> anyone else notices same problems?
>> Lacking a functioning crystal ball, debugging your problem sans
>> mail logs, etc, is going to be quite difficult. Perhaps you might
>> consider including them, along with the output of 'postconf -n' and any
>> other pertinent information regarding this phenomena you are
>> experiencing.
>>
> nonsense, simply look at your queue
> on all my mailservers yahoo mailservers give
> 451 at the moment or equal
> i only want to know if its the same anywhere
> but i allready checked this with other postmasters
> its the the same elsewhere, so kick your crystal ball to the moon


actually, your original post was unclear (and crystal ball was needed).
"cant deliver" may mean a lot of things (for example, "you are
rejected", "you can't connect", "mail is sent to /dev/null", "you get a
bounce", ... etc). 451 is "defer". would you say "cant deliver" if a
server greylists you?

add to this that we assume that "everybody" knows about yahoo rate
limiting practice, so this is eliminated from the list of candidate
interpretations.

anyway. yes, yahoo do that since a long time. nothing to worry about
unless you need to send a lot of mail to yahoo. if you need to send a
lot of mail, you'll need to get whitelisted. see the URL in the "error"
text.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: has yahoo mailservers problems ?

Mark Goodge
In reply to this post by Robert Schetterer


Robert Schetterer wrote:

> Gerard schrieb:
>> On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:09:16 +0100
>> Robert Schetterer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> double checked this on different mailservers
>>> on different nets , at current i cant deliver out mail to yahoo.de/com
>>> anyone else notices same problems?
>> Lacking a functioning crystal ball, debugging your problem sans
>> mail logs, etc, is going to be quite difficult. Perhaps you might
>> consider including them, along with the output of 'postconf -n' and any
>> other pertinent information regarding this phenomena you are
>> experiencing.
>>
> nonsense, simply look at your queue
> on all my mailservers yahoo mailservers give
> 451 at the moment or equal

But *why* are they giving 451? Your logs will show the full text of the
message from Yahoo's servers, that will give you more a clue about why
they're deferring your mail.

> i only want to know if its the same anywhere
> but i allready checked this with other postmasters
> its the the same elsewhere, so kick your crystal ball to the moon

It's not the same here. My mail is currently getting through to Yahoo
OK. However, Yahoo does rate-limit inbound mail from untrusted sources,
so if you or your users are sending them a lot of mail then you'll see
that every now and then.

Mark
--
http://mark.goodge.co.uk - my pointless blog
http://www.good-stuff.co.uk - my less pointless stuff
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: has yahoo mailservers problems ?

Robert Schetterer
In reply to this post by mouss-2
mouss schrieb:

> Robert Schetterer wrote:
>> Gerard schrieb:
>>> On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:09:16 +0100
>>> Robert Schetterer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>>> double checked this on different mailservers
>>>> on different nets , at current i cant deliver out mail to yahoo.de/com
>>>> anyone else notices same problems?
>>> Lacking a functioning crystal ball, debugging your problem sans
>>> mail logs, etc, is going to be quite difficult. Perhaps you might
>>> consider including them, along with the output of 'postconf -n' and any
>>> other pertinent information regarding this phenomena you are
>>> experiencing.
>>>
>> nonsense, simply look at your queue
>> on all my mailservers yahoo mailservers give
>> 451 at the moment or equal
>> i only want to know if its the same anywhere
>> but i allready checked this with other postmasters
>> its the the same elsewhere, so kick your crystal ball to the moon
>
>
> actually, your original post was unclear (and crystal ball was needed).
> "cant deliver" may mean a lot of things (for example, "you are
> rejected", "you can't connect", "mail is sent to /dev/null", "you get a
> bounce", ... etc). 451 is "defer". would you say "cant deliver" if a
> server greylists you?
>
> add to this that we assume that "everybody" knows about yahoo rate
> limiting practice, so this is eliminated from the list of candidate
> interpretations.
>
> anyway. yes, yahoo do that since a long time. nothing to worry about
> unless you need to send a lot of mail to yahoo. if you need to send a
> lot of mail, you'll need to get whitelisted. see the URL in the "error"
> text.

thx mouss for your qualified info, but this appeared just this morning,
and i hadnt include
their error because they have plenty of servers which give different
error codes ( which make no sense at all )
at all they give no usefull information, i checked the log on one
of my mailservers ,and only ten mails to yahoo were delivered
during last night, so it cant be a traffic limiting, after all i slowed
down deliver rate to yahoo since years allready

of topic: i know sometimes people answer with crystal ball stuff
thinking about newbies , but in the last time this has happens to much
here , anserwing questions should be on first place before sending
standart crystal mail answers but it whatever this will happen in the future
so no need to flame
--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: has yahoo mailservers problems ?

Robert Schetterer
In reply to this post by Mark Goodge
Mark Goodge schrieb:

>
>
> Robert Schetterer wrote:
>> Gerard schrieb:
>>> On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:09:16 +0100
>>> Robert Schetterer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>>> double checked this on different mailservers
>>>> on different nets , at current i cant deliver out mail to yahoo.de/com
>>>> anyone else notices same problems?
>>> Lacking a functioning crystal ball, debugging your problem sans
>>> mail logs, etc, is going to be quite difficult. Perhaps you might
>>> consider including them, along with the output of 'postconf -n' and any
>>> other pertinent information regarding this phenomena you are
>>> experiencing.
>>>
>> nonsense, simply look at your queue
>> on all my mailservers yahoo mailservers give
>> 451 at the moment or equal
>
> But *why* are they giving 451? Your logs will show the full text of the
> message from Yahoo's servers, that will give you more a clue about why
> they're deferring your mail.

as i said before , their different mailservers give differnet
error codes, none of them seem to be very inteligent
so posting them would produce a endless mails
and it the same on three mail servers in different nets with different
mail domains starting this morning

>
>> i only want to know if its the same anywhere
>> but i allready checked this with other postmasters
>> its the the same elsewhere, so kick your crystal ball to the moon
>
> It's not the same here. My mail is currently getting through to Yahoo
> OK. However, Yahoo does rate-limit inbound mail from untrusted sources,
> so if you or your users are sending them a lot of mail then you'll see
> that every now and then.
>
> Mark

ok, thats what i want to know, but should not be rate limit
i allready slowed that down since years, and its the same with dkim and
without, and its no greylisting because it stucks since hours
so i have to investigate, last time i had such stuff some mtu on a
direct peering was set false producing all kind of failures


--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: has yahoo mailservers problems ?

lst_hoe02
In reply to this post by Robert Schetterer
Zitat von Robert Schetterer <[hidden email]>:

> Hi @ll,
> double checked this on different mailservers
> on different nets , at current i cant deliver out mail to yahoo.de/com
> anyone else notices same problems?

Yes, always. Yahoo never had reliable mailservice at all so i never be  
worried if yahoo mail pile up at my servers.

Regards

Andreas

--
All your trash belong to us ;-)  www.spamschlucker.org
To: [hidden email]


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: has yahoo mailservers problems ?

Toba
In reply to this post by Robert Schetterer
On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 13:20:36 +0100
Robert Schetterer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> mouss schrieb:
> > Robert Schetterer wrote:
> >> Gerard schrieb:
> >>> On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:09:16 +0100
> >>> Robert Schetterer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>>
> >>>> double checked this on different mailservers
> >>>> on different nets , at current i cant deliver out mail to
> >>>> yahoo.de/com anyone else notices same problems?
> >>> Lacking a functioning crystal ball, debugging your problem sans
> >>> mail logs, etc, is going to be quite difficult. Perhaps you might
> >>> consider including them, along with the output of 'postconf -n'
> >>> and any other pertinent information regarding this phenomena you
> >>> are experiencing.
> >>>
> >> nonsense, simply look at your queue
> >> on all my mailservers yahoo mailservers give
> >> 451 at the moment or equal
> >> i only want to know if its the same anywhere
> >> but i allready checked this with other postmasters
> >> its the the same elsewhere, so kick your crystal ball to the moon
> >
> >
> > actually, your original post was unclear (and crystal ball was
> > needed). "cant deliver" may mean a lot of things (for example, "you
> > are rejected", "you can't connect", "mail is sent to /dev/null",
> > "you get a bounce", ... etc). 451 is "defer". would you say "cant
> > deliver" if a server greylists you?
> >
> > add to this that we assume that "everybody" knows about yahoo rate
> > limiting practice, so this is eliminated from the list of candidate
> > interpretations.
> >
> > anyway. yes, yahoo do that since a long time. nothing to worry about
> > unless you need to send a lot of mail to yahoo. if you need to send
> > a lot of mail, you'll need to get whitelisted. see the URL in the
> > "error" text.
>
> thx mouss for your qualified info, but this appeared just this
> morning, and i hadnt include
> their error because they have plenty of servers which give different
> error codes ( which make no sense at all )
> at all they give no usefull information, i checked the log on one
> of my mailservers ,and only ten mails to yahoo were delivered
> during last night, so it cant be a traffic limiting, after all i
> slowed down deliver rate to yahoo since years allready

Robert,

in my side: yes, my server have pain to deliver mails to yahoo now.
It's "451 Message temporarily deferred" since this moring.

Tôba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: has yahoo mailservers problems ?

Marco TCHI HONG
Hello,
I've got the same problem too since this morning...
I even tried to send mail to Yahoo with a test server with an IP address I
never used for a mail server, and I also get the 451 error message...

Marco

-----Message d'origine-----
De : [hidden email]
[mailto:[hidden email]] De la part de tôba
Envoyé : mardi 11 novembre 2008 15:59
À : Postfix users
Cc : Robert Schetterer; mouss
Objet : Re: has yahoo mailservers problems ?

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 13:20:36 +0100
Robert Schetterer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> mouss schrieb:
> > Robert Schetterer wrote:
> >> Gerard schrieb:
> >>> On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:09:16 +0100
> >>> Robert Schetterer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>>
> >>>> double checked this on different mailservers
> >>>> on different nets , at current i cant deliver out mail to
> >>>> yahoo.de/com anyone else notices same problems?
> >>> Lacking a functioning crystal ball, debugging your problem sans
> >>> mail logs, etc, is going to be quite difficult. Perhaps you might
> >>> consider including them, along with the output of 'postconf -n'
> >>> and any other pertinent information regarding this phenomena you
> >>> are experiencing.
> >>>
> >> nonsense, simply look at your queue
> >> on all my mailservers yahoo mailservers give
> >> 451 at the moment or equal
> >> i only want to know if its the same anywhere
> >> but i allready checked this with other postmasters
> >> its the the same elsewhere, so kick your crystal ball to the moon
> >
> >
> > actually, your original post was unclear (and crystal ball was
> > needed). "cant deliver" may mean a lot of things (for example, "you
> > are rejected", "you can't connect", "mail is sent to /dev/null",
> > "you get a bounce", ... etc). 451 is "defer". would you say "cant
> > deliver" if a server greylists you?
> >
> > add to this that we assume that "everybody" knows about yahoo rate
> > limiting practice, so this is eliminated from the list of candidate
> > interpretations.
> >
> > anyway. yes, yahoo do that since a long time. nothing to worry about
> > unless you need to send a lot of mail to yahoo. if you need to send
> > a lot of mail, you'll need to get whitelisted. see the URL in the
> > "error" text.
>
> thx mouss for your qualified info, but this appeared just this
> morning, and i hadnt include
> their error because they have plenty of servers which give different
> error codes ( which make no sense at all )
> at all they give no usefull information, i checked the log on one
> of my mailservers ,and only ten mails to yahoo were delivered
> during last night, so it cant be a traffic limiting, after all i
> slowed down deliver rate to yahoo since years allready

Robert,

in my side: yes, my server have pain to deliver mails to yahoo now.
It's "451 Message temporarily deferred" since this moring.

Tôba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: has yahoo mailservers problems ?

Robert Schetterer
In reply to this post by Toba
tôba schrieb:

> On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 13:20:36 +0100
> Robert Schetterer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> mouss schrieb:
>>> Robert Schetterer wrote:
>>>> Gerard schrieb:
>>>>> On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:09:16 +0100
>>>>> Robert Schetterer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> double checked this on different mailservers
>>>>>> on different nets , at current i cant deliver out mail to
>>>>>> yahoo.de/com anyone else notices same problems?
>>>>> Lacking a functioning crystal ball, debugging your problem sans
>>>>> mail logs, etc, is going to be quite difficult. Perhaps you might
>>>>> consider including them, along with the output of 'postconf -n'
>>>>> and any other pertinent information regarding this phenomena you
>>>>> are experiencing.
>>>>>
>>>> nonsense, simply look at your queue
>>>> on all my mailservers yahoo mailservers give
>>>> 451 at the moment or equal
>>>> i only want to know if its the same anywhere
>>>> but i allready checked this with other postmasters
>>>> its the the same elsewhere, so kick your crystal ball to the moon
>>>
>>> actually, your original post was unclear (and crystal ball was
>>> needed). "cant deliver" may mean a lot of things (for example, "you
>>> are rejected", "you can't connect", "mail is sent to /dev/null",
>>> "you get a bounce", ... etc). 451 is "defer". would you say "cant
>>> deliver" if a server greylists you?
>>>
>>> add to this that we assume that "everybody" knows about yahoo rate
>>> limiting practice, so this is eliminated from the list of candidate
>>> interpretations.
>>>
>>> anyway. yes, yahoo do that since a long time. nothing to worry about
>>> unless you need to send a lot of mail to yahoo. if you need to send
>>> a lot of mail, you'll need to get whitelisted. see the URL in the
>>> "error" text.
>> thx mouss for your qualified info, but this appeared just this
>> morning, and i hadnt include
>> their error because they have plenty of servers which give different
>> error codes ( which make no sense at all )
>> at all they give no usefull information, i checked the log on one
>> of my mailservers ,and only ten mails to yahoo were delivered
>> during last night, so it cant be a traffic limiting, after all i
>> slowed down deliver rate to yahoo since years allready
>
> Robert,
>
> in my side: yes, my server have pain to deliver mails to yahoo now.
> It's "451 Message temporarily deferred" since this moring.
>
> Tôba

jep same here, for all mailservers, with different ips on different nets
, with different domains with different routing, thx
for your info

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: has yahoo mailservers problems ?

Robert Schetterer
In reply to this post by Marco TCHI HONG
Marco Tchi Hong schrieb:

> Hello,
> I've got the same problem too since this morning...
> I even tried to send mail to Yahoo with a test server with an IP address I
> never used for a mail server, and I also get the 451 error message...
>
> Marco
>
> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : [hidden email]
> [mailto:[hidden email]] De la part de tôba
> Envoyé : mardi 11 novembre 2008 15:59
> À : Postfix users
> Cc : Robert Schetterer; mouss
> Objet : Re: has yahoo mailservers problems ?
>
> On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 13:20:36 +0100
> Robert Schetterer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> mouss schrieb:
>>> Robert Schetterer wrote:
>>>> Gerard schrieb:
>>>>> On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:09:16 +0100
>>>>> Robert Schetterer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> double checked this on different mailservers
>>>>>> on different nets , at current i cant deliver out mail to
>>>>>> yahoo.de/com anyone else notices same problems?
>>>>> Lacking a functioning crystal ball, debugging your problem sans
>>>>> mail logs, etc, is going to be quite difficult. Perhaps you might
>>>>> consider including them, along with the output of 'postconf -n'
>>>>> and any other pertinent information regarding this phenomena you
>>>>> are experiencing.
>>>>>
>>>> nonsense, simply look at your queue
>>>> on all my mailservers yahoo mailservers give
>>>> 451 at the moment or equal
>>>> i only want to know if its the same anywhere
>>>> but i allready checked this with other postmasters
>>>> its the the same elsewhere, so kick your crystal ball to the moon
>>>
>>> actually, your original post was unclear (and crystal ball was
>>> needed). "cant deliver" may mean a lot of things (for example, "you
>>> are rejected", "you can't connect", "mail is sent to /dev/null",
>>> "you get a bounce", ... etc). 451 is "defer". would you say "cant
>>> deliver" if a server greylists you?
>>>
>>> add to this that we assume that "everybody" knows about yahoo rate
>>> limiting practice, so this is eliminated from the list of candidate
>>> interpretations.
>>>
>>> anyway. yes, yahoo do that since a long time. nothing to worry about
>>> unless you need to send a lot of mail to yahoo. if you need to send
>>> a lot of mail, you'll need to get whitelisted. see the URL in the
>>> "error" text.
>> thx mouss for your qualified info, but this appeared just this
>> morning, and i hadnt include
>> their error because they have plenty of servers which give different
>> error codes ( which make no sense at all )
>> at all they give no usefull information, i checked the log on one
>> of my mailservers ,and only ten mails to yahoo were delivered
>> during last night, so it cant be a traffic limiting, after all i
>> slowed down deliver rate to yahoo since years allready
>
> Robert,
>
> in my side: yes, my server have pain to deliver mails to yahoo now.
> It's "451 Message temporarily deferred" since this moring.
>
> Tôba

just filled out
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/postmaster/defer.html
perhaps it helps, but i dont have big hopes in that

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: has yahoo mailservers problems ? / works now

Robert Schetterer
Robert Schetterer schrieb:

> Marco Tchi Hong schrieb:
>> Hello,
>> I've got the same problem too since this morning...
>> I even tried to send mail to Yahoo with a test server with an IP address I
>> never used for a mail server, and I also get the 451 error message...
>>
>> Marco
>>
>> -----Message d'origine-----
>> De : [hidden email]
>> [mailto:[hidden email]] De la part de tôba
>> Envoyé : mardi 11 novembre 2008 15:59
>> À : Postfix users
>> Cc : Robert Schetterer; mouss
>> Objet : Re: has yahoo mailservers problems ?
>>
>> On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 13:20:36 +0100
>> Robert Schetterer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> mouss schrieb:
>>>> Robert Schetterer wrote:
>>>>> Gerard schrieb:
>>>>>> On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:09:16 +0100
>>>>>> Robert Schetterer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> double checked this on different mailservers
>>>>>>> on different nets , at current i cant deliver out mail to
>>>>>>> yahoo.de/com anyone else notices same problems?
>>>>>> Lacking a functioning crystal ball, debugging your problem sans
>>>>>> mail logs, etc, is going to be quite difficult. Perhaps you might
>>>>>> consider including them, along with the output of 'postconf -n'
>>>>>> and any other pertinent information regarding this phenomena you
>>>>>> are experiencing.
>>>>>>
>>>>> nonsense, simply look at your queue
>>>>> on all my mailservers yahoo mailservers give
>>>>> 451 at the moment or equal
>>>>> i only want to know if its the same anywhere
>>>>> but i allready checked this with other postmasters
>>>>> its the the same elsewhere, so kick your crystal ball to the moon
>>>> actually, your original post was unclear (and crystal ball was
>>>> needed). "cant deliver" may mean a lot of things (for example, "you
>>>> are rejected", "you can't connect", "mail is sent to /dev/null",
>>>> "you get a bounce", ... etc). 451 is "defer". would you say "cant
>>>> deliver" if a server greylists you?
>>>>
>>>> add to this that we assume that "everybody" knows about yahoo rate
>>>> limiting practice, so this is eliminated from the list of candidate
>>>> interpretations.
>>>>
>>>> anyway. yes, yahoo do that since a long time. nothing to worry about
>>>> unless you need to send a lot of mail to yahoo. if you need to send
>>>> a lot of mail, you'll need to get whitelisted. see the URL in the
>>>> "error" text.
>>> thx mouss for your qualified info, but this appeared just this
>>> morning, and i hadnt include
>>> their error because they have plenty of servers which give different
>>> error codes ( which make no sense at all )
>>> at all they give no usefull information, i checked the log on one
>>> of my mailservers ,and only ten mails to yahoo were delivered
>>> during last night, so it cant be a traffic limiting, after all i
>>> slowed down deliver rate to yahoo since years allready
>> Robert,
>>
>> in my side: yes, my server have pain to deliver mails to yahoo now.
>> It's "451 Message temporarily deferred" since this moring.
>>
>> Tôba
>
> just filled out
> http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/postmaster/defer.html
> perhaps it helps, but i dont have big hopes in that
>
ok ,now it works again, perhaps filling out the form helped
or they had temp problems

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: has yahoo mailservers problems ?

Terry Carmen
In reply to this post by Robert Schetterer
Robert Schetterer wrote:
> thx mouss for your qualified info, but this appeared just this morning,
> and i hadnt include
> their error because they have plenty of servers which give different
> error codes ( which make no sense at all )
> at all they give no usefull information, i checked the log on one
> of my mailservers ,and only ten mails to yahoo were delivered
> during last night, so it cant be a traffic limiting, after all i slowed
> down deliver rate to yahoo since years allready
>  
AFAIK, it only takes a couple of "bad" messages to get on Yahoo's list.

You'll need to follow the link in their reject message in your maillog
and contact them if the problem continues.

Terry

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: has yahoo mailservers problems ?

Robert Schetterer
Terry Carmen schrieb:

> Robert Schetterer wrote:
>> thx mouss for your qualified info, but this appeared just this morning,
>> and i hadnt include
>> their error because they have plenty of servers which give different
>> error codes ( which make no sense at all )
>> at all they give no usefull information, i checked the log on one
>> of my mailservers ,and only ten mails to yahoo were delivered
>> during last night, so it cant be a traffic limiting, after all i slowed
>> down deliver rate to yahoo since years allready
>>  
> AFAIK, it only takes a couple of "bad" messages to get on Yahoo's list.
>
> You'll need to follow the link in their reject message in your maillog
> and contact them if the problem continues.
>
> Terry
>
normally i would , but not if you have 10 mailserver with hunderts of
domains where the same error occurs at the the same time
i speculate they tried some new stuff on their servers

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: has yahoo mailservers problems ?

Dan Horne-2
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Robert Schetterer [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 9:23 AM
> To: Dan Horne
> Subject: Re: has yahoo mailservers problems ?
>
> Dan Horne schrieb:
> > It takes very little effort to get all your mail servers
whitelisted.  I
> > did so, and I also have many mail servers and hundreds of domains.
Once
> > you fill out the form (which you did), you should get an email from
> > yahoo in a day or two, then you can reply and explain your problem.
I
> > just gave them all the IP addresses of all my mail servers, and
> > explained what they were for (why multiple mail servers, what
function
> > does each one perform).  It took a couple more days after that and
all
> > my mail servers have been whitelisted and have not had problems
sending
> > to Yahoo.  So in all, it only took the time and effort to write a
couple
> > of emails and fill out one web form.
>
> Hi Dan, i dont believe in that stuff
> i simply speculate they tried new stuff and failed with it, after all
i

> recived their default answers of the sent form  mails
> simply included other links to to other forms *arghh
>
> not something like
>
> "your were blackliste because and your now whitelistet"
>
> which would give usefull information
> and as i would expect from a tec company
>
> i felt yahoo as mail amateurs as well as
> aol and other big mail providers
>
> if i hadnt customers i would simply block all their mailservers *g
>
> perhaps people who have such mail addresses
> not really want mail, as you might read allready on the list there are
> plenty of postmasters which do not longer care of yahoo mail problems
> and call it simply broken
>

[DH] That's your prerogative, but it sounds a little backwards to me.
My responsibility is to make sure as much of my users' mail is delivered
as possible.  What do you think will happen if I tell my users that they
just can't send email to Yahoo because I don't want to jump through
Yahoo's hoops?  Or that their emails to Yahoo will generally be delayed
hours or days because I don't want to write a couple of emails or fill
out a couple of forms?  They'll go with someone that CAN send mail to
Yahoo, because it is ridiculous to not be able to send email to one of
the largest email providers in the world.  I provide my users with a
stable, reliable mail service, and part of that is ensuring their mail
can be delivered when possible.  I understand that sometimes it isn't
possible because the mail servers are broken, but Yahoo's servers aren't
broken, they are just strict.  Your mail will go through eventually, but
it will back up in your queue until that time.  And with very little
effort on your part, you can get whitelisted so that all your mail goes
through immediately.

At least a couple of times per year, some large mail provider makes me
jump through their hoops to get my users' mail to them (bellsouth/at&t
after the merger was a nightmare), but you know what? I jump every time
because that is what my users are paying me for.  

Dan Horne
TAIS
Director of Operations
www.taisweb.net
[hidden email]
828.252.TAIS (8247)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: has yahoo mailservers problems ?

mouss-2
Dan Horne wrote:

>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Robert Schetterer [mailto:[hidden email]]
>> Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 9:23 AM
>> To: Dan Horne
>> Subject: Re: has yahoo mailservers problems ?
>>
>> Dan Horne schrieb:
>>> It takes very little effort to get all your mail servers
> whitelisted.  I
>>> did so, and I also have many mail servers and hundreds of domains.
> Once
>>> you fill out the form (which you did), you should get an email from
>>> yahoo in a day or two, then you can reply and explain your problem.
> I
>>> just gave them all the IP addresses of all my mail servers, and
>>> explained what they were for (why multiple mail servers, what
> function
>>> does each one perform).  It took a couple more days after that and
> all
>>> my mail servers have been whitelisted and have not had problems
> sending
>>> to Yahoo.  So in all, it only took the time and effort to write a
> couple
>>> of emails and fill out one web form.
>> Hi Dan, i dont believe in that stuff
>> i simply speculate they tried new stuff and failed with it, after all
> i
>> recived their default answers of the sent form  mails
>> simply included other links to to other forms *arghh
>>
>> not something like
>>
>> "your were blackliste because and your now whitelistet"
>>
>> which would give usefull information
>> and as i would expect from a tec company
>>
>> i felt yahoo as mail amateurs as well as
>> aol and other big mail providers
>>
>> if i hadnt customers i would simply block all their mailservers *g
>>
>> perhaps people who have such mail addresses
>> not really want mail, as you might read allready on the list there are
>> plenty of postmasters which do not longer care of yahoo mail problems
>> and call it simply broken
>>
>
> [DH] That's your prerogative, but it sounds a little backwards to me.
> My responsibility is to make sure as much of my users' mail is delivered
> as possible.  What do you think will happen if I tell my users that they
> just can't send email to Yahoo because I don't want to jump through
> Yahoo's hoops?  Or that their emails to Yahoo will generally be delayed
> hours or days because I don't want to write a couple of emails or fill
> out a couple of forms? They'll go with someone that CAN send mail to
> Yahoo, because it is ridiculous to not be able to send email to one of
> the largest email providers in the world.  I provide my users with a
> stable, reliable mail service, and part of that is ensuring their mail
> can be delivered when possible.  I understand that sometimes it isn't
> possible because the mail servers are broken, but Yahoo's servers aren't
> broken, they are just strict.   Your mail will go through eventually, but
> it will back up in your queue until that time.  And with very little
> effort on your part, you can get whitelisted so that all your mail goes
> through immediately.
>
> At least a couple of times per year, some large mail provider makes me
> jump through their hoops to get my users' mail to them (bellsouth/at&t
> after the merger was a nightmare), but you know what? I jump every time
> because that is what my users are paying me for.  
>

that's _your_ choice and your view. Many of us consider yahoo email to
be unreliable. But let's please kill this thread.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: has yahoo mailservers problems ?

Martin Strand-4
On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 16:14:56 +0100, mouss <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dan Horne wrote:
>>
>> At least a couple of times per year, some large mail provider makes me
>> jump through their hoops to get my users' mail to them (bellsouth/at&t
>> after the merger was a nightmare), but you know what? I jump every time
>> because that is what my users are paying me for.
>>
>
> that's _your_ choice and your view. Many of us consider yahoo email to
> be unreliable. But let's please kill this thread.

And that's _your_ choice and view.
Dan is right - it's ridiculous for any provider to say "sorry, we can't deliver mail to one of the largest email providers on the planet, and we're not trying to get around the problem". End users don't care about technical details, they just expect their email to get through when they click "Send".


To get back on topic, we've been "deprioritized" by Yahoo in the past but filling out the form actually worked for us, so Robert's problem will likely disappear soon. :)

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/postmaster/forms_index.html

Of course, they expect you to setup your servers properly with SPF/DKIM/etc but you probably already know about that.

Martin
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: has yahoo mailservers problems ?

Toba
On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 23:14:25 +0100
"Martin Strand" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 16:14:56 +0100, mouss <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Dan Horne wrote:
> >>
> >> At least a couple of times per year, some large mail provider
> >> makes me jump through their hoops to get my users' mail to them
> >> (bellsouth/at&t after the merger was a nightmare), but you know
> >> what? I jump every time because that is what my users are paying
> >> me for.
> >>
> >
> > that's _your_ choice and your view. Many of us consider yahoo email
> > to be unreliable. But let's please kill this thread.
>
> And that's _your_ choice and view.
> Dan is right - it's ridiculous for any provider to say "sorry, we
> can't deliver mail to one of the largest email providers on the
> planet, and we're not trying to get around the problem". End users
> don't care about technical details, they just expect their email to
> get through when they click "Send".
>
>
> To get back on topic, we've been "deprioritized" by Yahoo in the past
> but filling out the form actually worked for us, so Robert's problem
> will likely disappear soon. :)
>
> http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/postmaster/forms_index.html
>
> Of course, they expect you to setup your servers properly with
> SPF/DKIM/etc but you probably already know about that.
>
> Martin

But why yahoo do that? What is yahoo?? Why? Why we have no problem with
the others "largest email providers" like gmail, live etc? Why we are
addicted to do SPF etc to deal with yahoo? Is not for yahoo to make
theirs servers more reliable like others? Or does not yahoo have brains
and material capabilities to do that?

No sorry, I'm with mouss and others. Yahoo is not reliable. Postmasters
should not be addicted to fill yahoo's form or implement SPF to be able
to deal with yahoo. Because suppose "all", I say "all" honnest
postmaster in the world will fill up the famous yahoo form to be
whitelisted, prioritized and implemented the famous SPF, Robert's
problem will likely reappear soon. Right? Or is there
IP/ISP/DOMAIN segregation? If _you_ continue like this, perhaps yahoo
will finish to make you pay $ to be whitelisted. So, what you did will
never make yahoo more reliable.

That's to let me say "yahoo is ridiculous".

Tôba
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: has yahoo mailservers problems ?

mouss-2
In reply to this post by Martin Strand-4
Martin Strand wrote:
>
> And that's _your_ choice and view.
> Dan is right - it's ridiculous for any provider to say "sorry, we can't deliver mail to one of the largest email providers on the planet, and we're not trying to get around the problem". End users don't care about technical details, they just expect their email to get through when they click "Send".
>
>
> To get back on topic,  we've been "deprioritized" by Yahoo in the past but filling out the
form actually worked for us, so Robert's problem will likely disappear
soon. :)
>
> http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/postmaster/forms_index.html
>
> Of course, they expect you to setup your servers properly with SPF/DKIM/etc but you probably already know about that.
>


many people have tried that and other things (check the archives of this
and of other lists), but it does not work _consistently_, which is what
I meant by "unreliable", as opposed to "reliable":
        giving the same result on successive trials
See:
        http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/reliable

I won't be telling you what you should do and whether you should jump
hoops or not. That's your business. I am simply saying that I and others
do not believe that there is a documented procedure that works
consistently. you can chose not to believe me.
12