header_checks: WARN and INFO

Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães

     Hi,

     Watching for the header_checks documentation
(http://www.postfix.org/header_checks.5.html), it seems to me the WARN
and INFO descriptions and usage are completly the same. I always used
WARN, but some documentations i was reading used INFO and that caught my
attention.

     Is there any real difference, on the header_checks, of using WARN
and INFO ?

     Thanks !

--

        Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
        Leonardo Rodrigues

        My SPAMTRAP, do not email it

Re: header_checks: WARN and INFO

Noel Jones-2
On 3/23/2017 3:42 PM, Leonardo Rodrigues wrote:

>     Hi,
>
>     Watching for the header_checks documentation
> (http://www.postfix.org/header_checks.5.html), it seems to me the
> WARN and INFO descriptions and usage are completly the same. I
> always used WARN, but some documentations i was reading used INFO
> and that caught my attention.
>
>     Is there any real difference, on the header_checks, of using
> WARN and INFO ?
>
>     Thanks !

Yes, they are identical other than the obvious "warning" or "info"
label in the logs.  Some log analyzers were confused by the
"warning:" label on non-errors, so the INFO action was invented.

Em 23/03/17 18:03, Noel Jones escreveu:
> Yes, they are identical other than the obvious "warning" or "info"
> label in the logs.  Some log analyzers were confused by the
> "warning:" label on non-errors, so the INFO action was invented.

     Hmmmm ... the 'warning' causing troubles makes a LOT of sense !!
Thanks !!

--

        Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
        Leonardo Rodrigues