header_checks

kucserak
Dear list,

I am trying to fetch mails with empty Return-Path: mail header
with header_checks, but unsucessfully...

header_checks=pcre:/etc/postfix/header_checks

header_checks:
/^Return-Path:\\s+\\/          REJECT

Does this format correct?

Thanks,

Chris

__________
http://auto.sme.sk - Všetko o autách (novinky, testy, autosalón, autoškola, porovnaj si auto)

Re: header_checks

mouss-2
Meno wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I am trying to fetch mails with empty Return-Path: mail header
> with header_checks, but unsucessfully...

what do you mean by fetch? header_checks don't fetch mail.

> header_checks=pcre:/etc/postfix/header_checks
>
> header_checks:
> /^Return-Path:\\s+\\/          REJECT
>
> Does this format correct?

No. it would be
/^Return-Path:\s*$/ REJECT

but where did you see messages with an empty Return-Path. This header
should not be present on the wire. it should only be added at delivery time.

Re: Re: header_checks

kucserak

> > I am trying to fetch mails wit h empty Return-Path: mail header
> > with header_checks, but unsucessfully...
>
> what do you mean by fetch? header_checks don\'t fetch mail.
>

> > header_checks=pcre:/etc/postfix/header_checks
> >
> > header_checks:
> > /^Return-Path:\\\\s+\\\\/          REJECT
> >
> > Does this format correct?
>
> No. it would be
> /^Return-Path:\\s*$/ REJECT
>
> but where did you see messages with an empty Return-Path. This header
> should not be present on the wire. it should only be added at delivery time.

The Return-Path is empty in cases when I get a fake mailer-daemon notification
from the internet as spam.

From MAILER-DAEMON  Tue Sep 23 00:10:16 2008
To: [hidden email]
From: [hidden email]
Subject: Non Delivery Notification

/^Return-Path:\\s*$/ REJECT   - it did not work

Sorry, in my last mail a did a mistake, not
/^Return-Path:\\\\s+\\\\/          REJECT  but

/^Return-path:\\s*/           REJECT

__________
http://www.pnp.sk -  pridajte svoje fotky na PaciNepaci

Re: header_checks

mouss-2
Meno wrote:

> The Return-Path is empty in cases when I get a fake mailer-daemon notification
> from the internet as spam.
>
> From MAILER-DAEMON  Tue Sep 23 00:10:16 2008
> To: [hidden email]
> From: [hidden email]
> Subject: Non Delivery Notification

So you're not adding the Return-Path at delivery time?

Re: Re: header_checks

kucserak

> > The Return-Path is empty in cases when I get a fake mailer-daemon notification
> > from the internet as spam.
> >
> > From MAILER-DAEMON  Tue Sep 23 00:10:16 2008
> > To: [hidden email]
> > From: [hidden email]
> > Subject: Non Delivery Notification
> >

> So you\'re not adding the Return-Path at delivery time?

But I have never sent any email to domain softbank.ne.jp...

__________
http://kultura.sme.sk/ - Informačný server o kultúre a šoubiznise

Re: header_checks

Noel Jones-2
Meno wrote:

> [...]

That is irrelevant.

The Return-Path header you are trying to match is very likely
not in the mail as received by postfix, but rather added when
the mail is delivered to your mailbox.

And anyway, rejected mail with the null sender address is the
wrong approach (maybe justified as a TEMPORARY measure when
receiving huge volume of backscatter messages addressed to
legit users).

For some suggestions on dealing with incoming backscatter,
please see:
http://www.postfix.org/BACKSCATTER_README.html

--
Noel Jones