how only to use the relayhost if direct delivery fails

how only to use the relayhost if direct delivery fails

Folkert van Heusden
Hi,

I would like postfix to only use the relayhost if direct delivery fails.
Is there a way how I can achieve this?

You might wonder why: the postfix host has an ADSL-line attached.
Normally it should send the mail via that line but if the line is down
(causing deliveries to fail due to connection timeouts), it should relay
via an other server on the lan which has its own SDSL-line.

Folkert van Heusden

--
MultiTail รจ uno flexible tool per seguire di logfiles e effettuazione
di commissioni. Feltrare, provedere da colore, merge, 'diff-view',

Re: how only to use the relayhost if direct delivery fails

Victor Duchovni

    http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtp_fallback_relay