how to control the SMTP-RECIPIENT-CC-LIMIT

how to control the SMTP-RECIPIENT-CC-LIMIT

vodamailshiva
Hi,
i have problem with recipient limit.
  • when subscriber's are sending to lot of recipient at time , how can i control of them
  • already we are using smtpd_recipient_limit = 25
  • but still we are receiving more than 25 at a time..
  • i need to control the CC limit also..
please help me..

Re: how to control the SMTP-RECIPIENT-CC-LIMIT

Noel Jones-2
vodamailshiva wrote:

> Hi,
> i have problem with recipient limit.
>
>     * when subscriber's are sending to lot of recipient at time , how
>       can i control of them
>     * already we are using smtpd_recipient_limit = 25
>     * but still we are receiving more than 25 at a time..
>     * i need to control the CC limit also..
>
> please help me..

[when posting from gmail, press the "Plain Text" button]

The smtpd_recipient_limit refers to envelope recipients, not
to addresses listed in the To: or CC: headers.

smtpd_recipient_limit should be at least 100 to comply with
RFC2822.

What problem are you trying to solve?

Noel Jones

Re: how to control the SMTP-RECIPIENT-CC-LIMIT

vodamailshiva:
> Hi,
> i have problem with recipient limit.
>
>    - when subscriber's are sending to lot of recipient at time , how can i
>    control of them
>    - already we are using smtpd_recipient_limit = 25
>    - but still we are receiving more than 25 at a time..

Then the mail is not arriving via SMTP.

Perhaps you have a broken webserver script.

Look in your maillog file.

        Wietse